Chapter 9

Previously On The Hamilton Sister...

I gripped the letter tightly as I let the tears fall, "I'll name him Jackson..... I'll name him Jackson....."

----------

I mourned over John's death for a week, and over Peggy's death for half, Eliza and Alexander helped take care of Frances along with their own son, Phillip.
My heart was broken.
I spent that week and a half by collecting every letter that me and John had shared, I also collected all of his things and moved back to our home in New York.
Almost no one bothered me that week, and what made it even worse was that it was quiet, I never usually liked it when it was quiet.
After the week and a half, George was the one who talked to me first.

----------

"Angelina, please open up." George said, knocking gently on my door as I was on the couch.
I gently got up and opened the door to find a worried George Washington, "Sir, why are you here?" I basically whispered.
"To help you, Angelina, Alexander..... He's not doing so good...he's being completely non-stop in his writing." George says gently while I stay silent.
"May we talk?" He asked as I nodded and let him in, "Angelina, I've done many things right but I've also done so many things wrong, when I was young, younger than you are now, I wanted to do everything but I wasn't realizing that you have no control over who lives, who dies and who tells your story." He said making me look at him confused.
"I was given my first command...I led my men straight into a massacre...I had witnessed their deaths firsthand...I made every mistake and felt shame rise in me....even now...I lie awake knowing that history has its eyes on me..." He said as I put a hand on his shoulder, since it was obvious that Washington regretted doing it.
"Why are you telling me this, sir?" I asked as he took my hand from his shoulder.
"History had and still has its eyes on me, and now after John has passed, it has it on you also to see what you will do next, so be sure that whatever you do next will continue his legacy on." George said as he squeezed my hand.
I nodded with a smile and he smiled back.

-------

I agreed with George when it came to John and his legacy, for about 7, I was fighting against slavery, all the way to 1789.

-------

October 1789. A time where things have change quite so.
George became president and he and Martha invited me and my family to come and live up at the White House, Angelica married and left to live in London, I had a son named Jackson Henry Laurens that was now 6 years of age while my daughter Frances was 7, and George has been quite excited for me to meet a man that is returning from France while Lafayette is returning.
I walked around the halls of the White House while wearing a long white gown with long sleeves.
I put my hair in a natural half up and half down look, I had light makeup on.
"Angelina! You look absolutely stunning." George said walking up to me with a smile, "Thank you, Mr President." I joked as he chuckled, "Very funny, now come, the man you should meet as arrive." He said making me laugh.
He led me down to a room where there was a man that had a face that sort of resembled Lafayette but his outfit was completely different.
He had his hair puffed out and wore a purple, fluffy, suit and seemed cocky and arrogant just from the way he was postured.
"Jefferson! Here's someone I'd like you to meet!" George yelled causing him to look at us or me anyway.
"Hello madam, I am Thomas Jefferson, and you are?" Thomas asked while kissing my hand, "I'm Angelina Hamilton-Laurens." I said making him look at me confused.
"Hold up, Laurens as in John Laurens? You were his wife?" He asked as I nodded, "Yes sir, I was until he passed away and left me and the children." I said as he nodded.
"What are the kids names?" He asked as I smiled, I loved to talk about my kids from how proud I was of them.
"The oldest is Frances and then I have a son named Jackson." I say as he nods.
"They sound lovely, are they here? I would like to meet them." He says as I nod, "Kids get down here!" I yell and they quickly come down.
"Hello there, it's nice to meet you." Thomas said bending down to their level as Frances smiled, "It's a pleasure to meet you too sir." She said and curtsied making he chuckle.
"And who's this fine young man?" He asked Jackson making Jackson shyly smile.
"I'm Jackson." Jackson said in his shy form. "Did you know that your name means God has been gracious or has shown favor!" Thomas asked as Jackson nodded.
"He is very smart for his age, he may be as smart as my brother once he's older." I say making Thomas smile, "Well it was a pleasure to meet you both, I must unfortunately go now but I would like to meet you all again." He says making me smile this time.
"Then next time we will discuss plans." I say as he nods, "Until next time." He kissed my hand then walked off.
"Mommy, is he going to be our new father?" Frances asked as I shushed her, "Go back to your studies you two."