Chapter 11

Previously on The Hamilton Sister...

   I rushed off home, in a way that i wasn't expecting to.....alone.

---------

   "Angelina.... Please open up....." Alexander's voice said softly from the outside of my door.
   Today was the day of Phillip and Jackson's funeral, I refused to go, I refused to believe they were gone.
   ".......Look at where we are...then look at where we started, I don't deserve you, Angelina, please hear me out. That would be enough. I know that you lost a lot of people... John, Frances, George... Phillip and now Jackson, I'm not going to pretend to know these challenges that were facing, I know that we can't replace what we've lost and you just need time and you just need some time..." I hear him sigh as a few more tears trickle down my cheeks.
   "....but I'm not afraid and I know who you are, at least let me stand by your side....that would be enough." He finished, I slowly got up and opened the door to a distressed Alexander.
    "Angelina...." He said softly as I looked at him, tears threatening to spill.
   "Alexander..." I said back then he engulfed me into a big hug as I returned the favor.
   "Please... forgive me for everything I've done...." He muttered as I smiled slightly, "Always Alexander.... Always..."
    I felt him tighten the hug, he whimpered then broke into tears, soon after we found ourselves on the ground hugging and crying to our heart contents.

-----------

   Alexander and I were patching up more and more after everyday.
   Thomas and I got married, much to Alexander's disapproval, but he still tried to get along with him.
   The Election Of 1800, they liked to call it, came up, and this effected us all deeply.

--------

    "Every action has an equal opposite reaction, John had shat the bed, i mean i love the guy but he's in traction, then we have Hamilton who's missing in action so I'm facing Aaron Burr with his own faction." Thomas says.
   Thomas and James Madison were discussing the election and how Thomas could win.
   "He's very attractive in the North. New Yorkers like his chances" James said.
    It wasn't going well.
   "He's not very forthcoming on any particular stances." Thomas says while taking some wine that I brought for them.
   "You ask him a question, he just glances it off, he obfuscates then just dances." James says, then I decided to step in.
   "And they say we're Francophile, at least they know we know where France is!" I state as James sighs.
   "You see, that's the problem, see, they see Burr as a less extreme you..." James starts saying but is interrupted by Thomas chuckling.
   ".....Look, you need to change course, a key endorsement might redeem you." James finishes, this catching Thomas' attention.
   "Who did you have in mind?" Thomas asks making James pause.
   "Don't laugh"
   "Who is it?"
   "You used to work on the same staff..."
   This caught more of my attention, "Wait what?"
   "It might be nice, to get Hamilton on your side...." James offers making Thomas look at me.
   "....It might be nice to get my brother on your side." I said as Thomas nodded.

-------

   Aaron Burr and Thomas Jefferson had tied with 73 votes, John Adams had received 65, Pickney got 64 and John Jay, who wasn't even running got 1.
   In the event of a tie, the decision is to be made by the House of Representatives.
   You see, each of the 16 states would cast a single vote, between February 11 and 17, the House cast 35 ballots, but each time the result was a deadlock unfortunately.
   But before the 36 ballot, I had learned later on that Alexander had sent in a letter to Delaware Congressman James A. Bayard, it stated, "Be assured my dear Sir, that Burr has no principle public or private.... Let me add that I could scarcely name a discreet man of either party in our State, who does not think Mr Burr the most unfit man in the U. S. for the office of President. For Heaven's sake my dear Sir, exert yourself to the utmost to save our country from so great a calamity."
   Thomas won.
   By a landslide not to mention by 10 to 4.
   I thought that this was good news at the time but when I found out the outcome, it was truly tragic.

-----------

    Thomas and I were going around and talking to people after his win, arm in arm, but then suddenly Aaron Burr walked up.
    "Congrats on a race well-run Thomas, I did give you a fight" Burr says as Thomas just replies with a 'Uh-huh' and tugs slightly on my arm as if to say we're leaving until Burr says, "I look forward to our partnership."
   Thomas stopped tugging and looked at Burr like he was crazy, "I'm sorry but our partnership?" He asked as Burr chuckled a little like Thomas was joking.
   "As your vice-president of course."
Thomas started bursting out laughing at this, "Hahaha yeah right! Do you hear this guy, Angelina?" Thomas states looking at me and I couldn't help but giggle a little at Thomas' reaction.
   "This man openly campaigns against me and now is saying, 'I look forward to our partnership'." Thomas says while making quotation marks with his hands.
  "I guess that it is pretty crazy that the guy who comes in second gets to become the vice-president." I say as Thomas looks as if he just won a million bucks.
   "Hey! You know what? We can change that! Do you know why?" He asks Burr as Burr looks confused at him.
   "Why?"
   "Cause I'm the president." Thomas says, then we walked off, smiling happily.
   "Also, my dear Angelina, if you see your brother before I do, thank him for my endorsement, without him I may not be President now." Thomas says as I nod.
   "I'm sure that he will like that my dear." I say as Thomas, now beaming with pride and happiness, leads me to the carriage.

***A/N: Hello Hello Hello! Alright, so I have decided to go back and cut the chapters in half and make more chapters so that the book looks more fuller. Goodnight!***