Chapter 2

'Alexsa, and that frown? Did I overstep somewhere?'

'No, no not at all. I was just thinking of what happened in here earlier. Don't mind me, please sit down Mr. Skylar. Please tell me what I've missed while I was out in the wild'

'Nothing much. You're quite a lady if I may say so myself. You left nearly nothing to do for me. I signed a few contracts and saw a few clients. Ah, yes and there was this lady that insisted on seeing you. I told her to come and see me in the meantime but she didn't like me too much. What was her name again?'

He sat down on the opposite chair from mine as he faced me. As he sat down I felt that shiver again. What is wrong with me?

'Mmmmh yes, her name is Miss Nikita. She said that you agreed to do her wedding yourself and she doesn't want anyone else to do it. She gave me a whole lecture about it and told me to tell you she will be awaiting your call'

I relaxed more and leaned into my chair as I just smirk at him.

'You know Mr. Skylar, Miss Nikita is one of my best friends. that is why she insisted that I do it. You are new in the business not that I judge your capability but you'll need to start living up to your name in this company. I'll try to assist you as far as I can but I can only do this much. I've worked hard to get myself recognized out there. I guess you know the whole story to How I got to be the owner of this company?'

'Yes I do know. I did a throughout research on you before I bought into this company. I always check everything before I invest anywhere and I also check the staff. There is not a thing that I don't know about you accept your personal matters'. He gave me his crooked smile.

'I know your Uncle loved you a lot and named this business after you and when he died you got everything he owned. I also know that you were working for him as a small Event planner. You major issues with the people when you took over the company and stepped up as the rightful owner.'

'That is good that you know. So you know that you've got a big responsibility to get everyone's approval. in this company we are like family and friends put together. Our motto is: Fit in or fuck off, to put it bluntly'.

'I can assure you that I'll fit in'

The phone on the desk started ringing interrupting our conversation. I grab the receiver.

'Miss AlexSandra's office, good day, AlexSa speaking how can I make your fairytale come true?'

'AlexSa, welcome back darling. It is so good to hear your voice at the end of the receiver and not that clown. I really don't know why you need a partner if you can run that company on your own.'

I muffled a laugh.

'Thank you Nikita. It feels good to be back. Just hold on for a second'

I close the mouth piece.

'Mr. Skylar i really need to take this call. Would you mind if e continue our conversation a bit later?'

'Sure Miss Rodriguez'

He got up and elegantly walk out of my office. I turn my back to the door to look out over the city and listen to his footsteps leaving my office before I put the phone to my ear again.

'Sorry about that. Where were we?'

"How are you? Are you okay? I've heard the bad news and Caroline wouldn't tell me where you were and I couldn't get hold of you since you've put your phone off. Why did you do that? You know by now I worry myself sick if you disappear like that. Don't do it ever again'

'Kitta I was on vacation. I needed the time alone to get myself together before I go on with my life. I went to the only place that heals the pain inside of me. You know by now that I can look after myself and with Nathan at my side I'm always safe.'