Chapter 5

At work I tried staying in my office not moving doing my filling when Kristoff walks in.

'Miss Rodriguez I am on my way to the club. I was wondering if you want to go along? Tonight is the opening of Inferno's. And we are launching the opening'

I look up from my paper work to see Kristoff standing at my table.

'No it is fine. You can go Mr. Skylar. I have confidence in you that you have everything under control. I will see you later tonight.'

'Miss Rodriguez you are forgetting that I am your lift.'

'Nope I didn't forget but you can go. I arranged with Caroline that we are taking off for the rest of the day and doing some catching up. So she will drop me off at home afterwards where I will be taking my car.'

'That isn't necessary I will drop you off at home when I am done checking up at the club before it opens. I also need to get changed for the event.'

Throwing my dark brown hair back out of my face I stare at him with an annoyed look on my face.

'You can go ahead with your plans Mr. Skylar. Caroline and I are going shopping and with you wanting to drop me off at home it is just going to make me want to rush to get finished that I am not holding you up from your plans. So I insist that you go on with your plans and leave me with mine'

'Okay Miss Rodriguez. Then I will see you at the opening' He walks out of the office like I just insulted him right to his face with declining his ride home.

I stand up walking to Caroline's desk.

'Caroline put down what you are busy with. Let's take our stuff and go.. I think we had enough work for one day'

Caroline nearly jumped out of her seat when I spoke next to her.

'Uhm can I maybe take a rain check on today? I have to go see my mother. I can still go drop you off at home before I go.'

'No it is fine. Go to your mother. I will call Roberto to bring me my Mustang.'

'Are you sure AlexSa?'

'Yes now go before I change my mind' I smile at her.

She grabs her stuff and walk out. I fish my phone out of my pocket and call Roberto.

'Roberto do me a favor. Can you please bring me my Mustang to the office please? Yes I'll wait. mmmh Okay yes see you in 5min. Bye'

I put the phone in my pocket and spin around to see Stephan standing behind me.

'How the hell did you get in? Security has been told that you are not allowed into the building'

'Well AlexSa your security sucks and your leading security isn't at his post.'

I walk up to him to look him straight in the face.

'You better get out of my building NOW!'

'Otherwise what? You are alone in this building. You can't do anything if that stupid bodyguard of your aren't around'

'Stephan get out now!! Before I..' I was cut off before I could say anything. At the same time as Stephan grabbed my arm Kristoff stepped in front off me.

'You heard AlexSa. Get out before I make you' he said looking over his shoulder to see if I am fine.

'aww do you have a new lap dog? You are such a whore. Now you wonder why I left you at the altar. I left your sorry ass cause of this lap dogs you have following and swooning over you every where.'

'You son of a bastard!' I screamed trying to push Kristoff out of the way that I can get my hands on Stephan but he held me behind him.

'You know for a man like you to call her a whore you are really dumb. Because it wasn't her who whore around but YOU.' Kristoff pointing his finger right into Stephan's face.

'Now you have a choice or you walk out of the building or I will be forced to throw you out'

'You will regret this. She is still mine'

'She isn't a object. She is a person just like you and me. And as far as I can see is that she doesn't even want you near her!'

Stephan walks to the door but before he completely walks out he looks back.

'AlexSa you know you will be mine always'

He walks out. The tears run down my cheeks and I feel Kristoff pulling me against his chest before my legs could give out under me. He keeps whispering sweet little nonsense in my ear while he let me cry out all the bitterness inside of me.

'He doesn't deserve you, you know? You deserve so much better in life. Someone who can love you like you need to be loved, love'

I pull back from his chest and look up at him as he brush away the tears on my cheeks. His words sounds so much like something I've heard before, but where?

'Mr. Skylar what are you doing at the office? Weren't you suppose to be at the club watching over everything?'

'Yes I was at the club and everything is going accordingly as it should. Roberto called and said that you wanted him to bring your Mustang to the office.'

'Yes I did call him but I don't understand what it has to do with you Mr. Skylar? He is quite capable to bring me my car.'

'He is but when I left the office I called him and told him he should let me know if you called for something like that'

'Kristoff he isn't working for you. He is working for me and what I do is my own business not yours. I am fine and I will be able to drive myself. I should have taken my car this morning' I said feeling really annoyed. I push away from him to fold my arms over my chest. 

'I asked him to call me cause I knew you wouldn't let me drive you home after work and would think of an excuse. Is it so bad for you to let someone do anything for you? Am I such a pain to be around, love?' he pulls me against his chest again lowering his lips to place a soft kiss on my nose.

Stepping out of his arms and looking up in his eyes. 

'Mr. Skylar it wasn't an excuse. Caroline and I had plans but she asked for a rain check since she needed to go see her Mother. Family is the most important things in life and I can respect that. As for something else off the topic please don't invade my personal space. It ticks me off quickly'

'I am truly sorry for invading your personal space. Let me apologize by taking you home at least since I am the reason you for you not having a car' he takes my arm as he leads me out to his car.

'Mr. Skylar I want to apologize for not thanking you for coming to my aid when Stephan was all up in my face. It was rude of me to insult you while all you tried to help me get rid of him. Thank you'

'Apology accepted love, and as for you saying thank you every time. Please don't, I have my own motives'

Before I could say anything we were in front of my house.

'See you later Mr. Skylar'