Chapter 1

The area around them was cold and wet. Tension almost choked everyone as Chris held Peridot up from her throat. Garnet held back Moonstone from attacking Chris. It was eerie silent as Peridot hung in Chris's grip. Not even Peridot was yelled. She was a traitor and was short. Chris couldn't kill her. If he did then he'd lose a lot of vital information. His hands shook as he tightened his grip on Peridot.

"Why're you here?" He spat through his clenched teeth. Peridot took it all in and started trembling in his grip. She realized that she could die here. "Are you going to answer me or should I shatter your gem right here, right now?" He taunted. Chris started glowing on his arm and a small hammer popped out. He readied it at her gem with his other free hand. Moonstone broke free of Garnet's grasp and protected Peridot the best she could.

"D-don't hurt her! Oh wait. You're that cutie I trapped! Sorry I left you. N-no hard feelings right?" She laughed. Chris thought in his mind. He could fool this flirtatious gem. He grinned at her and licked his lips causing her to become flustered.

"No hard feelings. I just couldn't wait for you to come back," he addressed. Moonstone was flattered at the statement. She leaned closer to his face with a satisfying smile. In seconds she was farther away with her hand over her cheek. Her eyes were wide with shock. "So that I could beat your face in when I saw you again!" He finished. A red mark lay fresh on Moonstone's cheek. "I know why you're made. You're made to represent humans. Homeworld won't lose the small feeling of humans once we were gone. Now the plan backfired and you're useless," Chris exclaimed. Rage burned in his eyes. He was mad. Moonstone showed fear trembling through her body.

"Chris stop!" Sapphira yelled pulling him back. He lost his grip of Peridot and Moonstone gracefully caught the terrified gem. "How do you know they aren't useful?" She reassured him. Chris tightened his fists with unbelievable strength. He turned towards her. Sapphira realized what she had just done and she was trembling.

"Don't you have a boyfriend and a pitiful girl to take care of? Oh right. You don't care. What if Spirita just died right now? What if Spirita just went crazy right now and killed Onyx? It'd be your fault wouldn't it?" Chris whispered in her ears. Sapphira was no longer scared. A new confidence arose in her soul. It was an odd feeling. It was determination. She was determined to stop Chris in his tracks.

"You want to play these mind games Chris? If you hadn't lowered us down to the town then Leafa wouldn't had been caught. That would've saved a whole lot of time wouldn't it? You also said that the building with the gem in it wasn't dangerous! Instead you were alone and scared and wanted some company. You selfish dirtbag. Maybe that's why Leafa didn't love you!" Sapphira screamed. Chris was shocked. He had met this girl only a day ago, and saw that she was a kind girl. She looked innocent and caring. Now this same girl was pointing out everything he had done wrong. She had pointed out everything he did to get his lover captured. He felt hot fresh tears run down his face. He couldn't believe it. All this time he had been holding back those tears. He couldn't show them. Not in front of them. Not in front of Leafa. Now she was gone. She was out for his blood.

Sapphira stomped into the barn. Chris have out a loud groan and wiped his tears away. He had to be intimidating. He looked back at Peridot and Moonstone. Garnet held onto their arms keeping them from running away. They looked disgusting and tired. Their eyes followed Sapphira. They acted like their savior was leaving. Chris squatted down to them and grinned. He let all the anger out and was now as happy as a sunflower.

"So why are you folks here?" He questioned. Peridot and Moonstone were surprised by the sudden mood change. "Would you like some ice cream? We could make friendship bracelets and conquer the world together!" He tilted his head to the side like an innocent puppy.

"Y-ye-" Peridot was interrupted by Chris breaking a log in half. He still had a smile on his face which told her to continue. "Yes we would l-" Peridot tried to continue. Chris had picked up his hammer and brought it to her gem.

"I'm not the killing type, but I have a tiny favor. It can cost your lives," Chris laughed. He lightly banged the hammer on Peridot's gem a couple of times. "Also cancel the friendship bracelets and crap. My other team mates are hard at work. I guess I'll have to interrogate you pests," His tone was still all giddy, but his movements seemed cautious.

"Chris this may be getting out of hand," Garnet spoke letting them go. Peridot and Moonstone stayed where they were. Chris winked at Garnet letting Garnet know the plan. "Right, right. You do you," She muttered.

"Where are my friends? My family? My kin?" He started. Peridot laughed slightly causing Chris to whip his head towards the ivy gem.

"I might have turned them into monsters...?" Peridot joked. She at least tried. Chris stood still letting fear slip into her mind. Fear is like her bestie.

"Off that topic. Where's Lapis Lazuli?" He asked. Moonstone was the one to be suspicious. He had seen the two battling each other.

"She flew off after I injured her. She might be behind me," Moonstone spoke. Chris smiled knowing his new closest friend was alive and well. He even checked behind Moonstone expecting to see a giggling Lapis with water in her hand.

"My last and final question," Chris started with a reassuring smile. There was an eerie silence that followed. "Will you help us find our friend?"

-------------------
Welcome my marshmallows to the newest book of my series. This is a sequel to Arise of the Gems so go read that first. If you finished continue reading at your will! Hope you enjoy this new book!