Chapter 7

Pearl danced around the room. Her feet arched on the waterfalls in her room. She summoned her weapon. It was so elegant and she opened a passageway. A scabbard with a sword in it appeared. Pearl cherished it. Suddenly her door opened. Amethyst stood there.

"Come on loser, we're going shopping," She snickered. Pearl gasped an ran towards the door. She ran after Amethyst and chased her out the door. She stopped when two gems stood in front of her. One was a short red gem with a tye dye shirt, a red headband, blue shorts, and red boots. The other one was a short blue gem with a blue dress that went down to her knees. She had on black stockings and blue flats. A red rose lay in her hair.

"Ruby? Sapphire? What are you guys doing? Does this shopping include you two unfusing?" Pearl shouted. Ruby groaned and tapped her foot on the pavement. Sapphire rolled her eyes.

"It doesn't. I just wanted a break from Garnet," Sapphire replied. It was in a monotone voice. She must've been mad.

"Sapphire! Why do you need a break? We're perfect for each other! A break is unnecessary!" Ruby almost screamed. The ground below her caught on fire. The ground below Sapphire turned to ice.

"Glad the crystal gems could make it! I have something fun for today! We're all going shopping in town!" Sapphira smiled. She must've planned this. "We'll be pairing each other into groups for today. Let me name the groups out and we'll continue. Everyone else already knows their groups. Ok Ruby and Sapphire are in a grou-" She started. Ruby groaned.

"Sapphire and I are going through some conflict at the moment. Could we be in different groups?" She asked.

"No. You two are in a group. That's final. Next we have Pearl and Onyx. Then we have Amethyst and Chris. I'm with Claire. Peridot and Moonstone are together. Connie and Steven are paired. That's all. Go into town and explore. I'll know if you leave on our fun activity as well. So don't! Enjoy and find your partner," Sapphira explained leaving the crystal gems to think.

The sun shined in everyone's eyes. It was a beautiful day to look around town. Everyone had just branched out. Claire was amazed and terrified of all the humans walking around. They constantly bumped into her by accident. Sapphira would always yell at them if they did. That's when Claire saw a store. It had so many beautiful items in it.

"I see you have discovered the dress store! I used to love shopping in these," Sapphira noticed. Claire nodded blushing. Sapphira noticed once again and gasped. It was pretty loud too. "Is there a reason you came in this store?" She asked.

"M-maybe,"

"Oh my gosh I might just faint," Sapphira joked. Claire chuckled. "So why did you come in here?" Sapphira questioned. Claire darted her eyes to see Chris and Amethyst nearby. They were in the store across from her.

"I-I want to look nice for someone...," Claire mumbled. Sapphira looked to where Chris and Amethyst sat in the curb and ate ice cream. Once again Sapphira gasped and Claire could even hear a small scream. Chris heard it, looked at the small shop, saw them, and waved. His smile was bright as his hand swung side to side. He was enjoying his day so far.

"Let's find you some clothes!" Sapphira squealed. They kept trying on dresses and decided on 2. One was a orange dress. It had a big yellow bow at her back and smaller yellow bows lacing the bottom of the dress. It fell down to her knees, but with the small yellow bows it went a bit past her knees. The other was a fire red that went to her ankles. It was orange at her waist and coal black at the straps. The colors mixed into each other almost perfectly. The black straps latched with a thin border on her shoulders. It came with a beautiful orange flower with a black inside. She wore that dress out the store. While walking on the sidewalk she bumped into Amethyst.