Party

FLO'S POV- 
I woke up the next morning to my parents bursting into my room at seven in the morning.

 "Happy Birthday to you!!!" They shout. I smile and try to rub the sleepiness out of my eyes. "Come on Florence, wake up. You have to come and see your present," my mother says excitedly. 
I drag myself out of bed as my mother grabs my hand and pulls me downstairs. I'm only wearing a vest top and pyjama shorts because of the summer heat, so all the people running around downstairs get a great look at me. 
She drags me out of the front door. "Ta-dah!"
There in front of me was a classic white mini. I gasp, bringing my hand to my mouth.

"Guys it's perfect!" I shout, wrapping my arms around them. I run to the car and jump in. It's a small car but I've also wanted one and its absolutely perfect. I start up the engine and squeal in delight. "Thank you!" I shout out the window.

"Now come and have some breakfast then you can go pick Maddy up in it later," my mother tells me. I reluctantly leave my new present and make my way into the house.

--------
"Hi!" I scream, as I walk into Maddy's shop. There are customers in the shop but I don't care. I run straight to my sister and jump into her arms.

"God I've missed you," she says into my hair. I pull away and take a good look at her. 
Since I last saw her she's changed her nose piercing into a dainty black hoop and had her ears pierced for the third time. Her blue dip dyed hair has also been dyed purple, merging into the blue. Her skin was spotless as ever and her blue eyes were bright. 
She was wearing a black beanie, despite the hot weather, a pair of faded denim shorts and a cropped top showing off her perfect belly.

"So what is that?" She asks me, looking at my car parked outside.

"My present, it's beautiful!" I tell her. She laughs.

 "It actually is, you suit it," she smiles. 
She serves the last customer of the day as I look around the store. I'm always amazed by the guitars and instruments that Maddy sells.

"Want me to show you your present?" She asks me.

"Maddy you didn't have to get me anything," I tell her.

"Oh shut up! Follow me," she says taking my hand. I follow her through the back of the shop and into a room I'd never been in before.

"You're kidding me?" I exclaim. In the room one full wall was filled with a mixture of beautiful acoustic and electric guitars. In the middle of it stood a professional microphone and a single stool. Then in the corner of the room was a mixing table.

"Now I'm afraid all the guitars aren't yours, I have to sell those but they look pretty up there. This one is yours," she says handing me an acoustic guitar. It was sandy brown with a black strap.

"Maddy it's beautiful!" I tell her.

"So this room is yours, you can use it whenever you want, day or night," she tells me, handing me a pair of keys. Tears form in my eyes. "Happy birthday," she smiles. "Sing me a song before we leave?" I nod and go and sit on my stool. I lower the mic so it sits just in front of my face.

"What shall I sing?" I ask but Maddy shrugs her shoulders. 
I think of the perfect song for today. 
I take a deep breathe in and start strumming.

"Singing Radiohead at the top of our lungs.
With the boom box blaring as we're falling in love.
Got a bottle of whatever, but it's getting us drunk.
Singing here's to never growing up.
We'll be running down the street, yelling "Kiss my ass!"
I'm like yeah whatever, we're still living like that.
When the sun's going down, we'll be raising our cups.
Singing, here's to never growing up!"
I finish my part and my sister just stares at me.

"Is it even possible that you got better?!" She exclaims. "I can't wait for you to be a famous singer," she says linking my arm as I grab my guitar and take it with me. 

 As we get past the bouncers in the club I sigh out a breath of relief. I'd had horrible thoughts about them not even letting us in. 
We were enveloped immediately by my best friend in the world Effie Valentine. Effie worked with Maddy sometimes and that's how I'd met her. She was my age and we clicked immediately, much to my mother's disapproval. It might have been her pillar box red hair or pierced nose that my mother got the wrong impression of but I didn't care. 
Tonight she'd curled her hair and placed her fringe behind her ears. Her brown eyes were outlined in dark eyeliner, making them pop. 
She was wearing a navy blue dress that stopped mid thigh showing off her tanned legs. It was tight on the top, pushing her boobs up and making her cleavage look incredible. 
She leads us to an empty booth whilst Maddy goes and gets the drinks, as we wait for the club to fill up.

"How does it feel being 18?" She asks me excitedly. She turned eighteen last November so the buzz had worn off her.

"It amazing! I can finally do stuff!" I exclaim back over the loud music.

"Well here's your present," she says, handing me a small jewellery box.

"You're not proposing are you?" I laugh.

"I should do with you in that dress! You look amazing!" She shouts. I chuckle and open the box. 
Inside was a small silver chain with a pendent on the end. I look closer at the necklace and see that it's an acoustic guitar.

"It's beautiful!" I tell her, taking it out of the box and placing it around my neck. "Thank you!" I say, grabbing her across the table and pulling her into a hug. 
Maddy arrives back with a tray full of drinks. "These first ladies!" She exclaims passing me and Effie a shot, and taking her own. "3,2,1." I take the shot, feeling the liquid burn down my neck. The first of many.