6.

Recap:

I watch Mikayla's chest rise and fall. I move closer to her and I take her hand. I kiss her hand. "Mikayla, we're going to have a complete family when we go back home. You need to fight to stay with your daughter and me!" I place my hand on her stomach. "This little one and you need to fight."

The paramedic looks at me. "She's pregnant?"

I nod. "I just found out yesterday. I jumped on the first flight out of the States to be with her."

The machine Mikayla's hooked to flat lines.

***

LANDON'S POV

I watch as the machine flat lines. I look from the machine to Mikayla.

I shake my head. "No, no, no, you can't have her."

Then my phone goes off.

Who the hell is contacting me?

I flip open my phone and I see a message from Mikayla. There's an attachment to it. I open the attachment and a video starts to play.

She's looking at me as she says. "Hello, Landon, Abigail, Blayze, brothers/sisters, Mum/Dad, Mr and Mrs Parker and LA's Angels. I had this video sent as soon as my heart stopped. I just want to say 'Goodbye' to you all. You did everything you could for me and I want to thank you all for that." She has tears in her eyes and she lets them fall. "I love you all. Please, take care of each other and help Landon and my daughter through my death.
To my brothers and sisters. I want you to find happiness and remember that I love you with all my heart even though I haven't known you for long. You were all a gift from God when I found you. You helped me through Grandmothers death."

Blayze, I want to thank you for training me when you found me in the alley getting attacked by the drug dealers. Also, for paying for University for me and introducing me to Grandmother.
Mum and Dad, I'm sorry I didn't get to spend much time with you. I wish I had more time. I love you.
Mr and Mrs Parker, you were like parents to me from the moment I stepped foot in the Parker Mansion. Thank you for always treating me like a daughter. Please, take care of Landon. He's going to need the both of you.
LA's Angels, you three are beautiful woman with hearts of gold and I was very lucky to have you in my life even if it was for a short time. I'll always be thankful for everything you have done and thank you for rescuing my daughter.
Abigail, my sweet daughter. I'm sorry I didn't get to watch you grow up. You have a father now. He will protect you. Landon, isn't your biological father. Your biological father is somewhere. I was led to believe he died. But, something tells me he's hiding somewhere. Just waiting for the perfect moment to take you. Please, look out for your Dad for me."
She wraps her hand around her stomach and tears fall down her face. She picks up a lamp and throws it on the floor.
She falls on the ground and grips her hair. She shakes her head. "I can't do this for the last person. It hurts too much to have to do this to the man I love the most."

She looks up and takes a couple of breaths.

I touch the mobile screen. "I love you, too, Mikayla." I turn towards the paramedic.

She turns to me. "She's going to..."

I turn back to the phone and watch the rest of the video.

I don't want to hear the bad news.

Mikayla looks at the screen again. She wipes her face. "Landon, we have been through so much together. Last year was a hard year for me. I hated you for making me sign The Year Agreement and making me move in with you."
She laughs. "On the first night at your place, I went to the kitchen and asked Rose for all the red food colouring bottles she had. She gave me fifteen bottles. That afternoon I headed towards your precious fountain and poured all fifteen bottles into it turning the water red."
She smirks. "I went into the bush and waited for someone to see what I did. I fell asleep in the bush and I was woken a couple of hours later to someone screaming."
She looks directly into the camera. "You ran out of the house and looked at your treasured statue and yelled. "WHO DID THIS?"
She shakes her head.

I remember that day.

She smiles. "I stepped out of the bush and made my way to the fountain. I looked at the damage I did to it. I shook my head and said. "Oh, boy. Looks like your statue has that time of month, Landon."

I pause the video and laugh.