Chapter 6

Harry.

I watch as Cassidy sleeps, and I marvel at how easily I've come to my decision. She loves me. I've seen it in her eyes when I got into the bathroom. She loves me, and I love her. She's mine, and I'm going to risk everything to get my revenge. I'm going to risk my heart for power. I've seen the love that she has for me in her eyes. I know that she wants me. I know that she's intrigued by me. I've known it from the first time I've seen her in the gallery. This isn't what I've planned on happening when I went to London, but it feels like poetic justice. The timing couldn't have been more perfect. I'm going to accept the invitation to the grand ball. I'm going to accept it, and I'm going to enter the challenge. I'm going to become the most powerful man in Europe. I just have to make sure that I don't sacrifice Cassidy's heart, or my own, for my second chance at power.

***

Cassidy.

I arise before the sun and quickly pack up my things. My heart feels heavy as I gaze at a still-sleeping Harry. I'm going to leave. I know that I'm not right for his world. I can't keep playing these games with him. I don't want to feel used and unappreciated. I don't want to be the woman who started accepting unacceptable behavior because I'm so consumed by the feelings that exploded in my heart every time he smiles at me or says my name. I'm Cassidy Franklin, for heaven's sake. I'm the girl who has vowed never to let a man change who I am or what I will accept in a relationship. I want it all, or nothing at all. I want to be loved like nobody has ever been loved before. I want Harry's sun to rise and fall with my smile. I want to be his world. I want him to look at me and feel like he can't go on without me by his side. I want to be his everything. The yin to his yang. The light to his darkness. I want to be the one.

My heart aches for the want that struggles to remain silent in my heart. I creep towards the door softly, my brain not thinking about how I'll leave the palace. I just need to leave this room first. My heart's racing as I edge closer and closer to the door. My hand reaches for the doorknob, and I'm about to turn it when I feel a hand on my back.
"Arrgh!" I scream and turn around, my heart racing. "What are you doing?" I ask him, annoyed that he's crept up on me. "I didn't even hear you behind me."
"I guess I can be quiet as a mouse as well," he says in a low growl, his eyes narrow as he stares at me.
"What does that mean?" I squeak out, my head dropping down his body and staring at him in all his naked glory. I swallow hard as I take in his tan muscles and manhood. How glorious and perfect his body is. It's not fair. Not only is he handsome and sexy, but he also knows how to use every inch of what he has to make me feel like I'm the only woman in the world when he makes love to me. "Am I the Tom to your Jerry, or are you the Jerry to Tom?" "I speak again, feeling nervous as I wait for a response.
"You think this is a game?" There's a lilt to his voice that I haven't heard before, and I shake my head slowly.
"I don't think this is a game."
"What is it you want from me, Cassidy?" He touches the side of my face softly.
"What is it I want from you? You're the one that—"
"You were going to leave without saying goodbye?" He frowns and stares at the bag in my hand. His voice is accusing as he stares into my eyes. "You were just going to fuck me and leave me?"
"Harry." I blush at the crudeness of his words.
"Yes?"
"That's not what was happening." I frown and sigh. "Look, I don't want to do this anymore." I bite my lower lip. "What you said yesterday, you were right. I don't want to be in this world. I don't want to play these games. I don't want to be used or feel like I'm a pawn in a game you're playing with your friends and family."
"You think I've been using you as a pawn?" He's angry now, and I swallow hard.
"I don't know," I say softly. "I just don't know anymore. I guess we can talk—"
"Enough!" His voice is loud and abrupt. "I'm done talking."

"So what do we do now?" I take a step back and feel the door behind me.
"What do you think?" He takes a step towards me, and I feel his hardness against my stomach as he leans into me, his face hovering above mine.
"I don't know, that's why I'm asking," I say childishly, and his eyes narrow again. His green eyes survey me in annoyance, and I find it hard to look away from their sparkling brilliance.
"Now you receive your punishment." He grabs my wrists and pulls them above my head and back against the door, I feel my bag falling to the ground.
"My punishment?" I swallow hard. "Punishment for what?"
"Trying to leave." He growls again, and I feel his tongue on my neck as his hands slide down the side of my body, stopping at my waist and working their way back up again.
"You're going to give me a punishment for trying to leave?" I licks my lips as his hands caress the curve of my breasts.
"Don't you think you deserve one?" His fingers pinch my nipples, and I moan.

Harry smiles at the sound and leans down and whispers in my ear.
"Are you ready?" His tone is soft and his breath tickles my inner ear. I move against him slightly, and he holds my body more firmly against the door.
"Ready for my punishment?" I whisper, my mind filling with ideas of what he has planned. What will his punishment be? My legs tingle as I think of all the things he might do to me. I groan as I realize that I'm turned on by the thought of doing some kinky-ass shit with Harry. All thoughts of leaving right away have fled from my mind.
"Yes, your punishment."
"Punishment for leaving?" I gaze into his eyes, challenging him. "I can't leave? Is this a prison? Am I your prisoner? Am I your sex slave, Harry?"
"What do you think, Cassidy?" His lips press against mine, and he kisses me hard.