Chapter 14

Cassidy.

I listen to the phone ringing and ringing and I'm so scared that Anna isn't going to answer.
"Hello," she says sleepily. I almost faint in relief because I'm so happy to hear her voice.
"Anna, it's me, Cassidy."
"Cassidy!" she almost screams. "Where are you?"
"I'm in some palace in Germany, I think," I whisper into the phone. "I'm not sure what I've gotten myself into."
"What do you mean?"
"I mean, I think these rich people are freaks. They have sex games and sex clubs, and women seem to be disposable to them."
"What are you talking about, Cassidy? Is Harry there?"
"Yes, and he's wonderful, Anna. He told me he loves me. He told me that he thinks that I'm the only woman he's ever loved."
"So why don't you sound happy?" Anna says softly. "Shouldn't you be jumping for joy now that you have your Prince Charming?"
"There's more," I sigh. "He doesn't believe in true, everlasting love and—well, there's someone else."
"Someone else? Not that guy, Casper?" Anna gasp. "Louis told me about him."
"No, not Casper." I peek over my shoulder and see that Harry and Stephan are both staring at me.
"Did you see Louis, by the way?" Anna asks. "I think he was flying over today."
"No," I say quickly. "Look, Anna, I can't talk long, but I'm confused. I think I might be attracted to this other prince."
"Another one?"
"He's German and captivating, and he kissed me, and I hated it and loved it at the same time."
"I thought you loved Harry?"
"I do," I breathe out, my heart racing just thinking about him. "I love him deeply, but there's something about Stephan that appeals to my primal side."
"You want to fuck him?" Anna says crudely, and I blush.
"No, of course not," I say quickly and honestly. However, that's only a partial truth. It's true that I don't want to sleep with him, but a part of me that I didn't known existed until tonight thinks that it can be wild and exciting to just think about the possibilities of what can happen.
"So what's the problem, then?"
"I think I'm caught up in some sort of sexual maze and erotic mastery, Anna. I think I'm caught up in some sort of late-night, almost erotic kinky shit, and it's scaring the hell out of me."

"What scares you the most?" she asks me softly, and I sigh as I answer her.
"I'm scared by the fact that I'm as turned on as I am appalled. Does that make me a crazy person?"
"No." Her voice is warm. "That makes you human. That makes you real. That makes you as complicated and fucked up as everyone else on the planet. Listen to me, Cassidy. Think of this as your own personal sexual revolution. I know you're feeling guilty because you have the hots for another guy, even though you love Harry. But Harry has been an asshole to you in the past, Cassidy. If he truly loves you, then he'll have to understand whatever is going on."
"I'm scared, Anna. I wish you were here."
"I wish I was there as well. I want to meet the man that can tempt you away from Harry."
"He's not tempting me away, Anna. He's just making it hard for me to think straight."
"Wet panties will do that to you." Anna laughs, and I groan.
"I have to go," I say hurriedly. "Thank you for being you."
"Have a good time, Cassidy. Remember that if you feel uncomfortable at any point, just leave. If push comes to shove, call me collect, and I'll get you a ticket so you can come back to London."
"Thank you, Anna," I say and hang up the phone.

I take a deep breath and turn around and hurry back to the men. Both Harry and Stephan are looking at me me as if I'm the last woman on Earth, and it makes me feel a thrill of power and sexuality that I've never wanted to own before.

***

We walk into a large room with couches on one side and a glass wall on the other side. There are four other men waiting in the room, including Casper, and three other women, including Kendall. I'm not happy to see Kendall and Casper in the room standing there, looking nonchalant. I check out the other faces in the room, but I don't recognize any of them from the parties I've attended with Harry previously.
"Welcome, everyone. My name is Charles. I'm a member of the Dutch royal family and the inner circle of the Society of Brothers." The tall man with the long nose looks very pleased with himself, and I can't help but stare at the smirk on his face. "I'll be the proctor today." He laughs. "I will go over the rules and placements, and then we shall start."
"Are you feeling okay?" Harry asks me quietly as we listen to Charles talking. "What did Anna say?"
"She said to stay as long as I feel comfortable." I make a face at him. "Honestly, I don't know if I'm okay and I don't know if I'm comfortable, but I want to do this for you. You want to make it to that inner circle, right?"
"I do." He nods solemnly.
"Then let's get you there," I say and try to ignore the feeling of warmth that's spreading through my body as I notice Stephan staring at me. "Let the games begin," I say under my breath, and I close my eyes for a few seconds to stop myself from staring back into Stephan's penetrating gaze. I have no idea what's going to happen next, but I know I'm more excited than I should be, given the circumstances.