Chapter 7

Brandon's P.O.V.

I had to do it. I had to. Now. Before it was too late. Jocelyne was sitting right beside me, so I poked her arm for her attention.

"Yes?"

She asked. I rubbed the back of my neck and bit my lip.

"Uh, can I talk to you?"

I asked.

"Yeah, what's up"

She said. I looked over her shoulder, everyone was busy talking or fooling around. No one would hear what I had to ask her.

"So uh... You know... I've been wanting to ask you... Erm..."

I couldn't get it out. She raised an eyebrow in question. I sighed.

"Do you think Alexus would say yes if I asked her on a date."

There, I got it out. Her eyes widened as she registered. A huge smile spread on her face.

"YES! OF COURSE! Uh wait, I mean, uh... Maybe.. Yeah... Probably.. Erm..."

She stuttered. She excitedly looked around.

"Just, ask her. I'm sure she'll say yes."

She added before winking, getting up and walking away. Girls are so weird sometimes... I got up and tapped Alexus on the shoulder. She looked up at me with her gorgeous eyes.

"Uh, do you want to come with me see... Um... If there's.. Well... A basket-ball court or something around here..."

I asked. Wow, smooth one Brandon, a basket-ball court... Really... I could see Jocelyne biting her lip trying not to laugh at me. Alexus got up and shrugged.

"Why not, basket-ball is cool... Even though I suck"

She said, laughing. Her laugh was just the cutest. I gave one last glance towards Jocelyne, who gave me two thumbs up, then I followed Alexus.

**

Alexus' P.O.V.

I don't know what's going on. Jocelyne and Brandon talked then two minutes later he asks me to go walk with him. Well really he asked for me to go look around for a basket-ball court but... At least he talked to me! Now I was walking around with him, alone. Ugh he was so cute. He kept looking at me, then looking away quickly when we made eye contact. How adorable...

"Hey look, there's a basket-ball court right there!"

I said, pointing straight ahead. No one was on the court but there was a basket of balls there. I grabbed one and chucked it at Brandon. He caught it and shot.

"Wow, you're good."

I said, walking towards him.

"Well, can you play?"

He asked. I shrugged.

"I guess.."

I answered. He smirked.

"One on one."

He started bouncing the ball. I laughed.

"Fine, what does the winner get?"

I asked. He scrunched his eyebrows and thought about it.

"The loser has to take the winner out on a date."

He said. I was taken aback by his suggestion.

"Deal"

I said. I swiftly stole the ball and started dribbling towards the basket.