Step 3: Dress to impress

A/N Sorry for the prolonged break as we had not updated on our regular day. We have been very occupied and busy and only promise to make the best of both worlds as we try to balance everything out. We ensure you guys that we will try our very best to give you a update every Sunday. This chapter may not be our best work and please do understand that we are working on improving and as you guys may know that doesn't happen in a blink of an eye. We really do hope that you guys like this chapter aside from it's errors, please do point out mistakes and critique your thoughts on this chapter in the comments!

PANICK MODE ACTIVATED!

I was right in front of him, unable to contain my sudden urge of hesitation. He was staring at me with his remarkably stunning eyes, I truly could stare at them forever. It feels like everything around us has frozen, only him and I left in this one heck of a world.

My phone rings, ruining everything.

SCREW YOU PHONE

I blush, looking down at my lit up phone screen. I had received a text from Isabelle.

Isabelle: Go ahead and talk to Jackson, get to know him, wish him a happy birthday and I repeat do not run away, do not run away! Don't worry about Charlie, Stella and I will take care of that.

Love ya xx

I knew that I couldn't get away without talking to Jackson and even if I did Isabelle and Stella will kill me.

"H-ha-pp-y  b-b-ir-t-da-y," I wildly shutter to Jackson.

"Thank you...Darlena?" he says raising one eyebrow at me, I let my shoulders fall a bit he didn't remember me  I can feel the disappoint flowing through my brain, he had forgotten my name.

"No problem, " I respond, wearing a smile, trying to hide the nervousness that was already taking over my body ever so quickly.

"I'm throwing a huge party tonight," he says pausing "you're  invited, if you wanna come?"

DID HE JUST INVITE ME TO HIS PARTY!

"Yes," I reply with no hesitation.

"Sweet see you there! " he says, wearing a dreamy smirk on his face as he heads to his friends.

"Jackson Wait," I say.

"Yes," he turns back glancing at me.

"I just wanted to say thank you for talking to me when we were jogging," I then remember my mother "I also would like to say sorry for what had happened with my mother," I blurt, playing with my hands.

"I don't recall talking to you while I was jogging." he stops and meets my eyes "I think you misunderstood something while I was on the jog. I was wearing my headphones and was talking to my girlfriend, Charlie,"

my heart skips a beat, not-talking-to-me?, now he thinks I'm an idiot. I open my mouth to apologize, but get interrupted.  

 "but yes I do know about your mother, but we're  chill you know, mothers can be weird," he exclaims as heat instantly starts to flow through my cheeks. I turn my head to the heavy double doors behind me, I look to him silence cloaking the air. I spin on my heel and I run away even though Isabelle had strictly said not to.

I search for Isabelle and Stella as tears uncontrolably fall down from my eyes. They spot me and run to me.

"Oh Darlena what have you done this time?" Isabelle asks.

"Remember when I had told you this morning that Jackson had talked to me while we were jogging, turns out he was talking on his headphones to Charlie. I should have known, why would he talk to me?" I exclaim.