Epilogue-Dark, Darker, and Darker Still

It's been at least ten years since I fell into my own machine.

I've been watching my sons carefully since then. Papyrus forgot just like everyone else in the Underground. It makes since that the chemical spread, it's only created when a powerful Soul is destroyed.

Sans remembers, but I see that every now and then he'll forgot. That's when he'll really start to smile again. However, at the end of the day, he'll make his way to the basement and work on his machine.

I'm getting ahead of myself, that's much later.

At first, he just tried to get people to remember. But after a while, he gave up on that. He helped the Gaster Blaster as much as he could with raising himself and Papyrus. Eventually, he learned how to control it to help him fight.

The other four humans fell. The first one was named Holly, and she was blond with brown eyes. She was just like Ben, refused to kill anyone. She just wanted people to be happy. She fell to Asgore, and her Soul revealed itself to be a beautiful yellow, almost the color of her hair. Ben's had been orange, just like the stripes on his shirt. I believe Papyrus was seven and Sans was thirteen.

The next two humans fell together, both of them twins, both of them Hanna(h)s. Hannah wanted to kill, and Hanna wanted to spare. They eventually fought, and Hannah killed her own sister. Undyne found the Soul and brought it to Asgore as part of her training. I remember Hannah was the first time Sans used the Gaster Blasters in a fight. He killed her, delivering the Soul to Asgore. He appointed him the Royal Judge, a job that Sans had wanted for so long. Both girl's Souls were blue, Hannah's darker and Hanna's lighter.

The next human came when Sans was sixteen and Papyrus was eleven. Their name was Casey, and they did their best to spare everyone, although they failed a few times. I remember the fear I felt when I saw them meet Papyrus, but they simply spared him and went on their way. They fell to Undyne who had was an apprentice of the Royal Guards current captain. His name escapes me, but I believe he was a tortoise monster. Their Soul was a beautiful green.

The sixth human to fall was named Ashton. He spared as well, but Sans saw what he was. He planned to spare everyone and kill the King alone. My twenty year old son, struck him down, turning the resulting purple Soul over to the King.

This whole time Sans had been trying to finish the machine that would return me to my sons. I knew it would never work, but I couldn't tell him so. I was stuck here in the endless void.

Or so I thought. 

When Frisk fell, I knew right away that something was different about them. I found out what it was after they defeated Sans. They reached an ideal end to their journey, but suddenly, everything was different. 

I was in a different void, with a section of a Soul in front of me. I grabbed it, and quickly returned to the void. From then on, I collected sections of my Soul every time Frisk did a Full Reset.

I saw two versions of Sans when he was younger. One when he was wounded and one when he had a nightmare. I tried to warn him, but I knew it was pointless. 

You know, this whole time, I've never checked in on Grillby. I was to scared to. I believe that he forgot about me, but it would only be to painful to confirm it.

So I'll just stay here, in the dark. I hope to go back one say, but for now?

Dark, darker, yet darker still.