Chapter 2

Sean came to an hour later as I moved him to my office and 'gently' laid him down on the sofa. He was groggy and disorientated, as expected.

"Hey you, had a good nap?" acknowledging him with a look over the papers I was reviewing.

"I feel like a truck ran over me." He groaned clutching his head between his hands.

"I had this weird dream where you were an evil doctor and you were about to kill me on the chair." he continued.

'Ah so he remembers my little theatrical display.' I thought to myself.

I forcibly chuckled at his antics when all I wanted to do is to wring his neck, but I kept up my kind and loving façade. It wouldn't be too long now.

"Imagine, me evil?" I laughed out a bit coldly. He gave me a contemplative look before chuckling himself.

"We can leave as soon as you are ready, everything went well." I remarked as I continued with the paper work.

Sean sank back into the couch with a sigh and closed his eyes.

"I got you a smoothie, I take it you are hungry?" I remarked gesturing to the coffee table in front of him as he opened his eyes at the sound of my voice.

"You know me too well babe." He grinned at me before taking the beverage and slipping the straw between his luscious lips.

After I finished whatever last minute work I had, I locked up my practice and we drove home getting take-outs on the way. We hit the hay early that night as Sean was still wonky after his little procedure earlier.

As Sean laid his head against my chest and cuddled up to me, I began thinking about phase two of my plan.

"Goodnight Sean" I whispered as I kissed his head. He replied in kind with a kiss to my slightly hairy pec.

---

The next day at work, my first patient of the day was the daughter of the local gang leader. It was a check-up appointment after I was rudely awakened in the middle of the night and was demanded to perform an emergency procedure on his daughter who had a cyst growing beneath her gums. I guess that's what happens when your friend is the most powerful guy in the area. Dean and I grew up together. Whereas I went to dental school, he took over his fathers' legacy as the head of the mafia. He was feared throughout the city.

I settled his daughter in and began the check –up. She was a tough little girl, no doubt taking after her dad. She was wise beyond her twelve years and she was one of those kids who liked being taken seriously and refused to believe that they are just children. Everything looked good and the incision site healed well.

"So Miss Ingrid." I began in a serious tone looking her in the eyes. "I expect you to finish the antibiotics I prescribed and remember to..."

"Brush my teeth twice a day and don't forget to floss, I know the drill doctor" she interrupted me as if annoyed by my reminder. Kids I tell you. I chuckled a bit by her demeanour.

"Well that's about it then, I guess." I said as I began writing her doctors note out. "I put you off for another day, so you can have a break from school. How does that sound Ingrid?" I questioned her as I handed her the note and discretely handed her the complementary lollipop.

"That's great Doctor" she smiled widely at that and took the sweet and subtly pocketing it before giving me a wink.

I turned to her father who was busy examining a model of the jaw. He was well built with a multitude of tattoos gracing his skin, some of which poking out from his shirt collar. He was dressed in an impeccably tailored black suit.