Chapter 3

After my chat with Dean. I began preparing for my next patient all the while thinking of a location to carry out phase two of my plan. I needed it to take place soon, perfectly staged without drawing any attention to me. This was of paramount importance.

My assistant hesitantly knocks on my door, before popping her head through announcing the arrival of my next patient before leaving to get them settled in. I grab my doctors coat and I quickly put it on. I looked in the mirror attached behind the door. I smoothed out any wrinkles and I fixed my tie. My eyes catch my lab coat on the hook next to the mirror. I smile smugly reminiscing at my genius idea. No one would ever see this coming and the best part-it wouldn't be linked back to me. I chuckle a bit and notice the crazed look in my eye.

Never would I have pictured myself capable of such. How I have fallen. I embraced the darkness. It welcomed me like a long lost friend. Its embrace filled me with a sense of calm and purpose. It was magnificent and intoxicating.

I closed my eyes reveling in the feel of it all, a smile still etched onto my face. I quickly rearranged my features, losing the psycho edge to it replacing it with one of kindness and warmth. The look people know and have come to love. Little do they know...

----

"So Chad, everything seems fine. I noticed your wisdoms are beginning to surface and since you said you haven't been experiencing any pain or discomfort we can just keep an eye out on it for now. Fillings look good and I just cleaned your teeth for you. Now you can dazzle everyone with your smile" I finish off and give him my signature smile.

"Thanks so much doc!" Chad exclaims and hops off the chair as he tears off the bib.

"Before I forget, the opening ceremony of my new club is tomorrow night and I got two free passes for you and your hubby. So please come through." Chad says as he pulls out two invites and hands them over to me.

I peruse the invite and the location catches my eye. It is quite a dodgy area. It is as if this was a sign from above. This was perfect and the wheels in my head began to turn adjusting my plans.

I was giddy with excitement, for this opportunity just fell into my lap. I smiled at Chad.

"Thanks so much for the invite. I will be sure to attend with the husband. We could do with a night out on the town." I replied while shaking his hand.

"Great, I look forward to seeing you there doc. First round is on me" he states as I escort him out.

"You have yourself a deal man!" I chuckle as I wave him off.

I immediately pull out my phone and pull up his contact before tapping the little green phone icon. I put the phone to my ear waiting for it to connect.

"Babe, whatever plans you have for tomorrow night cancel them. We are going to the opening of the new club in town" I state excitedly when Sean answers his phone.

"'Deadly Seduction'?" he questions curiously.

I pull out the invite and check the name.

"Yup that's the one..."

"Shut up!" he exclaims, "It's the most talked about event. It's going to be epic! How did you manage to get invites?" he questions.

"Chad, the owner, is one of my patients. He just came in for a check-up and a cleaning and he gave me two invites." I state.

"Oh hells yes! We are so going for this" Sean says.

"Can't wait babe" I say with a sardonic smile as I cut the call.