1

I turned my chair around, taking the black and white headphones off and placing them on the desk beside me. I was happy again, but I still felt a vast emptiness in my heart without Adam. He'd been my everything. Now I had the last part of him on this earth. His wife and child. At this point, I was like the dad Mason would never know, and the man Alesa could never get back. My test results had come in the mail from the doctor. Alesa played with her son in the corner. I opened the white envolope, wich contained the worst news I could ever get. I tested positive for cancer, with few treatment options. I handed the results to Alesa, who looked at me sadly. She began to cry. "Do I have to lose everyone I love?!" She screamed. "Losing Adam was the hardest thing I've ever been through, and now I'm losing the second man I love. You, Jin. I love you." I ran my fingers through her long, silky brown hair, and looked into her beautiful blue eyes, which were full of saddness and greif. "Alesa," I said. "You're not going to lose me. We'll get through this. I'll be ok." She hugged me, sobbing on my black tshirt. "Jin?" She asked "Yes?" I replied questioningly. "Jin, kiss me." Alesa said. I jumped back a bit. "Alesa." I sighed. "Jin, please."Alesa pleaded. I leaned in and kissed her so gently. And it felt so right. "Wow." I sighed, and smiled. Alesa sat on the couch and smiled. "I want us to be more than friends." She said. "Alesa, I don't think there's any way I'd rather spend my final days than with you." I replied, and my lips met hers again. I'd already thought of Alesa as the one that would help me move on. Now that was reality. But who knew how long I had left with her. I began to tear up. "Alesa." I said. "I want to be with you so bad, but... I don't want to break your heart. I don't want you to be alone again." She planted a kiss on my cheek. "There's no one I'd rather have my heart broken by than you." She smiled. That was a great think to hear. Then I started to feel sick again. I coughed, and the next thing I knew my hand was covered in blood. Alesa looked at me sad and worried. "I'm ok." I said. "Don't worry." I kissed her again, and went to the bathroom to clean myself up. I came back to Alesa, and she wrapped a blanket around me, running her hands through my blondish grey hair. "You're going to be a fighter." She said. I had to fight. For her, and for her son.