4

I saw a man smiling at me happily. "Adam?" I asked. I looked around and saw a golden gate. Heaven's gate. "Jin." Adam said. "The cancer is a test. Stay by Alesa for me. Love her the way I did." I woke up. "Adam." I whispered. "Don't leave me again." I got up and got dressed. Alesa was going to pick me up so we could go to breakfast. Mason was strapped in the back seat, asleep. We went to Ihop. As I slid into a booth with Alesa, I couldn't stop thinking about that dream. And about Alesa. She was so beautiful, like an angel come to earth. I loved her so, so much. I knew what I wanted to do, but it would have to be so much fancier than this. There was something I had to ask her first though. "Hey, Alesa...I want to moe in together. Your house is definately nice enough." She looked at me a moment. "Jin, this is a big jump.Are you sure?" I said absolutely. A few months later, I was moved in with the girl I loved. Now I just needed a few more months before I asked the big question. And I wanted it to be something she'd remember and treasure forever.
6 months later
"Good morning love." Alesa greeted me with a kiss. "Morning babe." I said. I looked at the box hidden on the counter. Today was the day. I was nervous as hell. "Hey, babe?" I asked Alesa. "Will you grab Mason and go get in the car? Don't ask why or where we're going." I coughed, and felt like I had to get sick again, but I kept it together. Alesa went to get Mason, and we went out to the car. I drove to my parent's house, which I used to spend my days in. We dropped off Mason, as my parents and I had secretely planned. I drove Alesa to the park, and led her to the lake. I proceeded to get down on one knee. Alesa broke into tears. "Alesa." I began. You and Adam have been the light of my life for so many years. Since he died, I've only felt so much closer to you. I saw Adam in a dream around a year ago. He told me to always take care of you and your son, which I've done. He said to love you the way he did. I love you to the moon and back. Alesa, can I ask you a little question? Will you be my wife, the love of my life, and marry me?" She was crying. "Yes, Jin. Oh god, yes!" I sighed and smiled big.