2

Alesa and I went upstairs to my room. I pulled on my pajamas hidden in the small bathroom leading out of my bedroom. I came back to Alesa, who held a small child in her arms. Alesa and I had pitched in to get Mason a little bed downstairs. "Stay here tonight." I said. She went to put Mason downstairs, and lay on the couch. I went downstairs with her, and lay in the recliner my dad loved to sit in and read the paper each morning. I wanted to be as close as I could to Alesa that night. I drifted off into sleep, thinking about the blessings of life and whether we remembered those blessings after we came to our end. I never wanted to forget Alesa and Mason. I loved them more than anything in the world. They were the one thing I never wanted to lose. I woke up the next morning and made breakfast for Alesa and my parents, and prepared a little something for Mason, too. Alesa awake and walked into the kitchen. "Something smells good." she walked over to plant a kiss on my cheek. "How are you feeling?" I faced her as I answered. "Other than the cancer, I'm great. But coughing up blood hurts." She looked at me. "How are you still so positive?" she asked. "I have so many blessings." i replied. "So much to hold dear until the very end. A lot to be happy about." Alesa smiled. "You're such a fighter." I smiled back. "I have to be. For you. And for little Mason." I placed the food on the table and made a plate for Alesa and myself, then went to get Mason and put him in his car seat with a hookable food tray. My parents came downstairs, and I prepared their plates as well. The news about my cancer would be told to them after the meal. They were so sad to hear about it. "Why you?" they cried, "Why our wonderful son?" I hugged each of them and told them what Alesa said to me. "I'm a fighter. I'll get through this." They looked so heartbroken. Alesa and I went upstairs before too much emotion could spill out. I decided to get dressed into my navy blue tshirt and purple varsity jacket I always wore during videos. I sat in front of the camera with Alesa by my side. "Hey guys. What's poppin'?" I said into the camera, and I continued to talk about my cancer. Halfway through the video, I had to lean over to the small trashcan by my desk, throwing up and coughing blood. It was so painful, I started to cry. Alesa and I got the video up later that night. The next day, there was an out-pour of heartbreak and sadness from my fans. No one could believe the sad reality that I was so sick. Alesa and I both logged onto my twitch account. Everyone was heartbroken. Indeed, this was a fight I had to battle for everyone.