Chapter 3

I continue to text Skye during class and eventually, even Brad takes his own phone out, and of course, I have to tease him about it.
Carefully, I slide my phone in my pocket and raise my hand. Ms. Iqbal stops her lesson.
"Yes..." She looks around the seating chart for my name.
"Olivia?"
" sorry to interrupt your lesson Ms.Iqbal, but I'm having a hard time paying attention with my partner texting through your lecture" I smirk and look at Brad who is smiling back at me.
"Well then Ms.Hamilton, would you say someone texting during class deserves a 60 minute detention?"
"Of course!" I reply smiling.
"Well then, you and Mr.Simpson can meet me here after school for an hour."
"Excuse me?!"
"Don't think I could not see your phone sticking out your pocket, nice try"
Ugh that bitch!
At the corner of my eye, I see Brad smirk at the backfire and I turn around and slap him on the arm, which makes him laugh even more.
When the bell rings, I walk out of class, Brad beside me.
"Well that went well! Great lesson don't you think" he teases me. I step outside and Skye is waiting for me.
"You ready?" She asks.
I turn to look at Brad starting to walk away alone "yea lets go" I reply.

"Wow already hitting it off with that kid huh?! Told you you'd think he's hot" she smiles at me.
"Not exactly. He's so...frustrating. Not my type at all. Anyways I have a detention after school so I won't be walking with you today."
"What?!? It's the first day of school !!!!"
"Let's just say I got caught texting you " I shrug.