Chapter 4

Kenna's POV

Her name was Kylie and she was my sister. No one ever knew about anything except for my parents. She didn't even tell me, even though I knew she was sick.

She would constantly go to the doctor, telling me she just had a cold.

FLASHBACK

"Please Kenna?" Kylie pleads, wanting to go to the beach. It's our 15th birthday and she wanted to go to a One Direction concert so badly. The bad thing is, they were sold out. I kept asking my parents to get her tickets. I even told them I would pay them back. I wanted that to be the present she got from ME. But they sold out yesterday and I asked my parents over a month ago.

"Fine, but we have to leave now." I negotiate. "Okay!" She screams, smiling. This is the first time she's started smiling in a while. Her little friend at school had cancer and she didn't want her to feel left out, so Kylie shaved hers too.

Kylie has one of the kindest hearts I know. She rarely yells or creates drama. I love her to death and I don't know what I'd do without her! "Let's go!" She says, running out the door and into the black Range Rover.

"So where is it you wanted to go?" I ask, joking around with her. She just glares at me playfully. "Oh yeah. You wanted to go to the beach!"

We crank the music up really loud, roll down all the windows and make the long 2 hour drive to the beach. It's not too hot out today. About 80 degrees.

BABY YOU LIGHT UP MY WORLD LIKE NOBODY ELSE

THE WAY THAT YOU FLIP YOUR HAIR GETS ME OVERWHELMED

AND WHEN YOU SMILE AT THE GROUND IT AINT HARD TO TELL,

YOU DON'T KNOW OH OH

YOU DON'T KNOW YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL!!!!

We both sing the very old throwback song. We both laugh and sing together, smiling and just having a good time.

We sit out on the beach for about an hour, hoping to catch a little bit of a tan, but we both end up as tomatoes anyways.

"Thanks Kenna for taking me." She says as we pack up the car with our sandy towels and water bottles. "No problem Ky. Happy birthday." I say, smiling and giving her a hug over the console. "It's your birthday too. Remember?"

The drive home, she was very quiet, so I turned off the radio and let her sit in silence. Should I ask her what's wrong?

"Kylie, are you alright?" I ask her. She just nods her head, looking out the window. "Kylie..." I say. I can tell that she's not alright. I've know her her entire life! All 18 years! I am able to tell the difference between okay and not okay.

"Is something going on?" I ask her. She doesn't answer. She lays her head down against the window and closes her eyes.

When we finally get him, Kylie is asleep so I carefully take off the seatbelt and carry her into the house and up to her music themed room. She's always loved singing and she's good at it!

"Kenna?" I hear her say as I walk towards the door. "Yeah?" I respond, turning back around to face her. "I love you. No matter what." She says, smiling. I smile back. "I love you too. Goodnight." I say. Turning the light out.

END OF FLASHBACK

I felt like I could throw up. All these thoughts, memories, experiences. They all come back into my brain like a rushing river and it won't stop. Thought after thought after thought.