Chapter 7

Kenna's POV

Right after I look out the window, a bolt of lightning shoots through the sky, sending a loud boom, making me stumble backwards and fall onto the floor. "Are you ok?!" Ashton asks as I rub my head where I just slammed it on the bed footboard.

"Yeah. I'm ok. Will you-" I was cut off by the ground start to shake lightly at first, but more and more as seconds pass by. Before I know it, Ashton pulls me under him, my body curler up under him. He's sitting with his feet in a butterfly type stretch people do in yoga, his strong arms around my small body while my head is resting on his.... Well, we'll just say his chest, and his head over mine, protecting my entire body.

After a few minutes, the ground finally stops it trembling action and all I can hear now it Ashton's soft breath in my ear. "Okay. I think it's over." He says, his hands run down my arms starting with my forearms and moving down, making goosebumps form from his touch.

"Are you cold?" He asks, looking at me right in the eyes. "Yeah." I say, rubbing the back of my head that is throbbing again. "Here, let me see." He says, moving my hand away from the back of my head.

"Ashton, I'm starting to feel dizzy." I lie. I try to hold back a smile as I fall backwards, hitting my head unintentionally, again. This time I really do feel like I'm going to pass out. "Kenna." He said, holding my head up for me now with his hand.

No. This isn't like the movies where he kisses me and we realize we love each other.

"I'm ok." I say, smiling. This is what I get for trying to be funny. A hot guy holding me and a really bad fucking headache.

He lets me go, letting me stand up before he follows my actions. "It looks pretty rough out there." I say, hearing the hard rain now violently scratching at the window.

"Yeah..." He says, rubbing the back of his head. "Do you.. Wanna stay here for tonight?" I ask, scared because I've never asked a guy to stay the night before. He looks at me and smiles. "Yeah. Sure." He says, jus,long back in my bed, pretending to make a snow angel in the fluffy covers.

"Your bed is so comfortable." He says, smiling over at my with his white teeth peaking through. I haven't noticed before but he has very cute dimples! They aren't the really deep females, but they are the long slender dimples on both cheeks.

"What?" He asks, probably seeing that I was staring at him for so long. "Oh nothing." I say, walking over to my dresser to pick up the stuff that fell onto the floor during the mini earthquake, or at least that's what I think just happened.

I pick up the few books that flew off my shelf, and a snow globe that fell, but managed to not shatter. After that I excuse myself to use the restroom and get a shower. The only thing is, if I get s shower, I have to take off Ashton's clothes and I really don't want to.

I look at the tab of the pants to see where he got them from, but all it had was 2 words.

Anthony Edwin.

Who's that? I quickly get a shower, praying that I wouldn't slip or something and hit my head again because now there is a giant bump on it. I step out of the shower, colder than I was before,and realize that I forgot my clothes in my closet.

I curse under my breath. I make sure the towel completely covers everything that needs to be covered and open the door leading to my room. "Hey how do you work this-" he asks, but stops when he sees me. I quickly run to my closet and slam the door. I quickly change into some loose, pink shorts and an oversized zipper sweatshirt with a white tank top underneath.

Once I'm done, I wrap my hair up into a towel and open my closet door, stepping out. The only reason I'm wearing shorts is because I want to cuddle up with a fluffy blanket without getting too hot.