Comic Book Hero-Shane Sumner

An;; so this probably isn't the best, but this is the only story (apart from 'don't take my memories') that I can update so here we go :( I know it's crap, but hopefully if I get some requests, the next one will be better. You can request anything, you can be in it, mentioned or as y/n or it can be an FVK ship. Don't feel shy, I enjoy writing these for people. Enjoy even though it's not the best
Y/n=your name
Lucifers

Your PoV
      I sighed loudly as I scanned the rack of comic books that lined the wall of the large shop, but, just like yesterday, nothing new lined the battered shelves, merely the same Spider-Man editions that I had seemed to have read a thousand times. They were good, don't get me wrong, but once you knew every plot twist and evil plan in the story, reading the inscribed words got a little tiresome. I longed for something new and exciting that would have me gripping onto the edge of my sofa as my eyes swept over the haunting words, which transported me to a different world-one filled with adventure and longing.

All I had wanted in my life, ever since I could first read a comic book, was to be transported to the world of them and to be able to join in the action, rather than taking a sideline position and merely reading of others adventures whilst I battled through mountains of college literature essays and copious amounts of coffees. One day, I had vowed to myself that I would find myself my own sense of adventure and that I too would don the mask of a hero.

Whilst I had moved on from my incredibly childish dreams and instead pursued the career of being an author, I still had an undeniable love for comic books and so, almost every night, I would find myself running through the doors to the towns old bookstore, my feet instinctively carrying me to the section I knew in my mind to be the comic book/graphic novel section. There, I would stand, transfixed, for hours on end as I admired the beautiful lettering and intricate art work that made up the old, rare editions of my favourite comic book heroes, hoping against hope that one day I would have a large enough income to at least purchase one of them. Yet, as I barely had a penny to my name, I always found myself trudging back to the other end of the rack, where the comic books that nobody else wanted were sold for bargain prices. The only problem was, I knew every word.

I let out another agitated sigh as I pulled my phone from my pocket and proceeded to check the time on the backlit screen, letting out a small gasp when I realised it was almost ten o'clock in the evening. This was a late time to be in the bookstore, even for me, and most nights by this hour, I would be tucked up on the side under a swathe of blankets, watching pointless cartoons and getting closer to emerging into a sugar induced coma, due to the high amount of cookies I communed.

As boring and lonely as those evenings were, at least by that point I would be safe behind locked doors, protected from the murderes, rapists and thieves that lurked in the darkness. Normally, due to my overwhelming fear of the aforementioned people, I would never risk myself being alone and outside at this time of night, yet my childish behaviour had stupidly clouded my judgement, and I had found myself in a terrifying situation. I would have no other option than to brave the night and the terrible streets, as it was surely near time for the store to shut, and there was no way that I could take refuge in the comic book haven all night, no matter how much simpler that would make things. I would just have to cross my fingers and hope that nothing bad happened to me on the short, yet dangerous, journey back to my shared student apartment.

I quickly clicked onto my messages and hurriedly started typing my roommate a message to explain my lateness, as I knew that she would be worrying terribly about me by this point.

"Miss?" A deep voice questioned, the unexpected prescence of another so close to me so suddenly making my jump out of my skin and drop my phone to the floor in shock. I instantly blushed, hating that I had made myself seem so clumsy in front of a stranger, before I picked up my phone and straightened up and came face to face with a beautiful man.