Sweet Times (Gaius x Reader)

"Gaius!" You called. You had looked for him everywhere. You were supposed to be training together. But he was late.

Again.

"Where could he be?" You wondered aloud. From behind, you heard snickering.

"Looking for Gaius?" Henry giggled. You looked at the pun-making mage, and sighed.

"Yes. Do you know where he could be?"

"I can tell you where he's not." He replied. You just sighed again, and started walking away.

"Wait! (Y/N)! I know where he is..." He called out. "He's in the kitchen. As usual. I'm surprised you didn't look there..."

"Of course I looked there you imbecile! Gaius literally cannot live without sweets, so I checked there first!" You replied, practically screeching.

"Yeah, well, I saw him sneaking in there five minutes ago." Henry stated. You sighed for the third time.  "Stop sighing so much."

"Okay, thank you. That's the kind of information I needed. See you later Henry. And thanks again." You smiled at him, and walked away.

"Anytime (Y/N), anytime." Henry laughed and watched as you left.

You walked back to the kitchen, only interrupted a few times.

By Inigo:

"Hello beautiful la-"

"Not now, Inigo."

By Stahl:

"Are you on your way to the kitchen? Can you get me some food?"

"Hungry? Again? You ate ten minutes ago."

And Robin:

"Do you think I could test this new tome on you?"

"No way. I don't want to get killed today, thanks."

Finally, you reached the kitchen. As you opened the door, you got coated in flour.

"Agh!" You yelled.

"Sorry! Sorry!" Gaius came up to you and started brushing the flour off.

"Was this a prank?" You narrowed your eyes at him.

"Ha! No, not at all. I was just trying to bake. As you can see," He gestured to his own body, "I am covered in flour also."

That he was. You started to laugh, startling the poor man.

"Uhm... (Y/N)... What's wrong? Did I do something?" Gaius asked.

"Nothing! You did nothing wrong." There were tears in your eyes, you were laughing so much. "I just... I thought you were doing something completely stupid!"

"Well... I was." Gaius admitted. "I was making a cake without supervision. I don't know how to make a cake." He had whispered that last bit, making you laugh even more.

"You were trying something new. Although, I really wish you would've told me where you were, instead of leaving me..."

"What? I told Henry to tell you!" Gaius claimed.

"Well, he told me. Just not right away..." You said. "But that doesn't matter!"

"It doesn't?"

"Nope! Because right now, we will make a cake, together!"

"Really? You can bake? Why didn't you tell me?"

"Oh no," You replied. "I've never baked before. But we can do something, for the first time, together!"

"Sweet!" Gaius said. "Then what are we going to do?" He winked at you, but you were too busy looking for ingredients.

"Then, we're gonna eat the cake!" You declared, as if it was obvious. Gaius smiled, looking at you.

"Well?" You yelled, still looking for ingredients. "Are you going to help me or not?"

"Uh. Uhm..." Gaius stuttered. You turned around, and placed your hands on your hips.

"I will take that as a yes. Now, let's go!" You grabbed his hands and pulled him towards the shelves. "Look!" You walked to the other shelves, looking for eggs.

Gaius kept looking at you for a while, then decided to search the shelves.

"Uhm, (Y/N)," Gaius called.

"Yes?" You called back.

"We're out of flour."