Chapter 19: Why?

Today I was told to clean my room, by doing so I found a stack of old diaries to see that my recent diary (the one I had before this one) was dated a year ago and had 2 empty pages, so I decided to fill them up with a summary of 2015.

   Jadzia and I talked and she was really nice, she told me that she was on my side with my father and told me that her dad left also, so she had some experience with this type of thing. I'm not exactly sure if I should be happy about that since she lives in a single family home, I'm not, I'm just happy that I know I'm not alone.

    Ella told me that if I wanted to talk to someone she'd always be there for me, I know that it isn't much and she's just trying to be nice, but I still really appreciate it. At 1st I was really surprised that she was like this because when we 1st were a big group of friends her and I rarely talked one-on-one, so we didn't have the same best-friendship as everyone else. Now I kinda regret that since she seems like a nice, cool, person.

    Aalyiah has graduated and I'm not sure how I feel about that. Naturally, I'm proud of her since she lasted 13 years in school and going  through more years, why shouldn't I be proud of her? On the other hand, I'm going to miss her, and my father, since she's leaving for college. Why do they both have to leave? I just want to tell my father that I need him to be there for me like he was for my sister. I just want to ask my father what am I to him?

     Jorgina  and I are improving our relationship. We decided that since we've known each other this long, we should just become better friends. Again, she's being really nice about everything with my father and Aaliyiah. In homeroom our teacher is always talking about college and graduation, being the friend she is, Jorgina just looks at me, smiles, and tries to change the subject. I know that her social skills don't really match up with those of people our age. but I feel better every time she does this.

     In the course of a year, my life has changed. I learned more about my friends, my family, and my classmates. I learned that every moment is special and that Aaliyiah isn't the bossy person she tries to be, she's actually a really caring individual, and will make an amazing paralegal.