The Thought of You

"Brands, I need to tell you something." Jonas gestured her to sit down with him in their usual meet-up at the tree in Central Park; where they watched the movie.

Brandy felt her heart skip a beat. Why was Jonas calling her? What did she do wrong? She never wanted to see Jonas angry, especially because he's really scary that it makes you feel like it's all your fault. But anyway, she had the courage to move towards Jonas, sitting down next to him.

"What's up?" She asked him. Her body felt like it needed to sweat.

"I know you're my foster sister and everything, but I have to admit something really embarrassing about me." Jonas looked at her.

"What is it? That you actually rub your feet in mayonnaise every night to prevent them from smelling?"

Jonas scoffed then they both laughed. "No, feet don't smell; noses do that," he retorted. "But anyway, no. That's not it."

"Then what is it?" Brandy was getting so impatient. What if it's something that's actually good? Something that she's been wanting to hear? But then again, what if it's really horrible news?

"I... I think I like you, Brandy."

She couldn't believe what she just heard. Jonas admitted that he liked her. Her best friend liking him and vice versa. Brandy's world started to spin. "Since when?"

"Since I found you in the streets."

The thought was so sincere, but it was too good to be true. Something must be up. This didn't feel right. She didn't even feel normal. Then a familiar ringtone started to play, and gradually got louder.

"You're not going to answer that?" Jonas asked her.

With that, Brandy picked up her phone and stood up to try and answer a call, but then she tripped on a root, and---

"Wake up Brandy!" Jonas loudly exclaimed as he jumped on her bed.

Brandy touched her forehead as she realized it was only a dream, and forever will only be a dream. She groaned at the desperation she felt. "What do you want, Jonas?!" She plopped herself back to bed and buried her face under the sweet-smelling pillow she slept with.

"It's important! He called again!" Jonas sounded serious.

"Who called again?" This time Brandy lifted herself from her pillow.

"The guy who wants to adopt you!"

"Why would he even call back?! Tell him that you're not interested and neither am I. I don't want to leave; I'm not some kind of animal that you can just take. Done."

"We've been trying to tell him that! But he left 7 missed calls in Kieth's phone! He seems so determined." Then he stopped and gasped. "What if he's a kidnapper or a bad guy or something?!"

"No, Jonas. Who would even want to adopt me and then kidnap me. No sense. Tell Kieth to get a new number. Now go, I want to rest." She shoved Jonas off her bed and straight to the door. "Tresspasser." She murmured. Then she threw herself on the bed again and tried to sleep. After about 15 minutes of trying to fall back asleep, she realized that she couldn't do it, so she just made up fake stories about herself and Jonas. She groaned at her ideas.

Then she got up and decided to take a shower. After that, she played loud music, and turned on her laptop to do some sound editing and some social networking sites to log on to. This was peace, she thought to herself.

Afterwards, she got hungry so she went downstairs to grab something to eat and drink. She looked at her watch only to see that it was 10.30 in the morning, so she just asked Kieth for permission to order KFC and have it as brunch, and Kieth willingly said yes.