A Night Out

Idina POV

It had been very awkward the past few days. After Aaron and I had that conversation with James, it hadn't been the same. James started coming to the theatre late, and leaving early. I'd barely see him because he was avoiding me. It's like having a routine and abruptly stopping it. It didn't feel right. I was finally happy though, with Aaron. He made me feel good and could make up his mind. He didn't leave me wondering. 

I wanted to ask James and Steph if they wanted to go out for dinner. I thought maybe that would ease things up. We could all have fun for once.

-

It was Saturday night after the show and James hurriedly walked off stage. He didn't walk with me, how we always do. We both knew it was for the audience, but right when the stage cut off the view between us and them, we both dropped our embrace. 

After waiting a little bit, I went into his dressing room. 

"James?" I said, creaking the door open.

"What?" 

He didn't even acknowledge that I was standing there.

"I wanted to ask if you would like to go out with me and Aaron? You could bring Steph. We were thinking of heading down to the bar on the corner."

He hadn't removed his eyes from the computer the whole time. 

"Umm...sure. I guess I'll call Steph."

He picked up his phone and I walked out. He's the one who ended this whole thing, and he's still pushing me away. Even when I'm just trying to be friendly. 

-

We had gotten to the place and James was waiting outside for Steph. Aaron and I walked in and took a seat at the bar. By the time they walked in, Aaron was 6 drinks in. 

I leaned over to him. 

"Hun, I think you've had enough." 

He shot me a look of anger, like I was condescending him.

He grabbed my arm and tightened the grip. 

"Don't tell me when I've had enough."

James walked over with Steph and noticed what was going on. Then he took a step towards Aaron. 

"Get your hand off of her." 

Aaron stood up, dropped his hold, and then Steph came to comfort me.

James was standing there trying to look tough, as Aaron slowly walked towards him.

"Try telling me what to do one more time." 

James kept his place and ignored his statement.

"Try hurting her again, and we'll see what happens."

Aaron gave a smirk, as he brought his arm back and took a swing at James. He ducked and swung back a punch at Aaron, plowing him into the stools. Aaron got up and put James in a chock hold, increasing his amount of strength.

He struggled for air, as Aaron was taking punches at him.

"Stop!! You're hurting him!!!" 

I went over and grabbed James' hands, trying to pull him out.

James POV

My vision was starting to get blurry as I struggle to get out of the lock he had me in. Idina was now pulling at my arms, which was no use.

"Dee, get back! You're gonna get hurt."

Aaron released one arm and took a swing at Idina, leaving her in tears on the ground.

"I told you we would see what happens if you hurt her again."

I swung my leg forward at then back in between his legs. Suddenly his hands fell off of me and were now holding his area. 

"Put some ice on that when you get home."

Before I could fully turn around, Idina was in my arms. 

I guided her face in front of mine, and saw tears running down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry, Dee. I shouldn't have came. I knew something would have happened."

She slammed back into my chest, wrapping her arms around me.

"I'm just glad you're ok."

As I said that, I saw Steph walking out of the bar. I didn't even bother going after her. Idina meant more to me than anything in this entire world. Nothing could take me away from moments with her. 

Nothing.