Delusional

James POV

It was rising in me; the anger, the confusion. I didn't want to believe it. She wouldn't do this to me. Sh-she couldn't have. Sometimes I trust too easily... Not because I'm naive, but because my heart wants to believe the best of the situation.

I grabbed the phone from the counter and walked upstairs to the bedroom. I made my footsteps louder than necessary. I barged in the room and saw Idina bundled up in bed.

"What the hell is this?" I said, holding the phone out to her.

After the look she gave me, I knew right then and there that it was true.

"Did you sleep with him, Dee?!" I said, stepping towards her.

She backed up against the headboard and the tears started to form in her eyes.

"Please...please tell me you didn't..."

She sat there, knees curled up and sobbing. I hated speaking to her like this, but I deserved to know.

"Say something, please."

She wiped away smudges of mascara, and shifted towards the end of the bed.

"Just tell me what happened last night."

She took a deep breath and let out a sigh.

"You know I had that meeting at the theatre, right?"

I nodded my head, trying to stay calm. I was too impatient to hear the long version of the story.

"I was walking home, and I saw a car pull up. I knew it had looked familiar, but I kept walking. I heard footsteps behind me. So I sped my pace up. The person turned me around and it was Aaron. Then h-he...he started..."

She gasped for a breath as she started to sob again. I came closer and started rubbing her back, trying to ease the pain of talking about it.

"It's ok. Take your time." I said.

"He started kissing me...and then putting his hands on me, in all the wrong places. I tried to fight my way out, but I couldn't. Next thing I knew I was at his apartment..."

Words could not do my rage justice.

"That son of a bitch. I'm gonna fucking kill him!!"

I was already out the door before she could respond.

"No, you can't do anything!" She said.

"Yeah, I'm going to go over there and beat his ass."

"James, you can't. He said I would regret it if I told you what happened."

"Dee, do you realize what he did to you? That's basically rape. He should be more worried about me, than you telling his little secret."

"You're gonna get hurt!"

"It's ok... I already am."

With that, I walked out the door. I was probably going to regret doing this, but my anger was taking control.

As I went down the stairwell from the building, I saw a metal pipe, and swung it up into my hand. Yeah, I was definitely going to regret this.

I think I should start doing something with the comment section. Like maybe predict what's going to happen or just general thoughts? Thanks for the people that comment though. I love seeing them. ❤️😊
(Btw I have no idea what's going on with the spacing. It's like cutting off words in weird places. Sorry about that.)