Jealousy

James POV

I don't regret that decision for a second. I want her to be happy. If that's means I can't be around her anymore, well that's something I'm going to have to live with. It's happened twice already. I'm not taking chances on a third time.

The only thing I'm worried about...is the guy that's next.

-

We carried on with the show. We'd go out on that stage every night and put our hearts into it. Sure, it was awkward at times, but we got through it. It had been a couple of weeks and I started to notice a guy hanging around the theatre. He would be there before the shows, after them, and even backstage. I kinda of just ignored it, but he's been coming every other day now.

It was the end of the show on Friday and we walked off stage. Idina sped up in front of me and went down the hallway. As I walked the other way, I heard a mans voice. I turned around and saw Idina hugging him. It wasn't one of those quick hugs. It was a long embrace...and they were not letting go. It was bothering me, but why? I'm the one who ended it. I shouldn't be feeling this way. Something felt wrong about it. Just his presence made me uneasy. I had to go over there. I made my way down the hall and Idina spun around.

"James...hi." She took the guy's hand and led him over to me.

"I-uhh...This is Aaron." She said.

God could it be more awkward? He stuck his hand out waiting for a gesture back.

I snapped out of my thoughts and shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you."

I think she noticed I was staring at their locked hands, because she dropped it immediately.

We stood there in still air for what seemed like minutes. 

"...Great performance tonight." He blurted.

"Thanks."

I gave a phony smile, which I realized made it look worse.

"Well, we are gonna go stage door. I'll see you later." She said through gritted teeth.

She disagreed with every word she said. You could see it in her face. She always hid what she really felt, and what she really wanted to say.

As I saw them walk away, hand in hand, jealousy rose in me. It hit me like a train. And I had a feeling that train, would be a never ending one.