A Person, Not a Place

James POV

I missed her. That's all I could think about while sitting on the couch. She had her feet kicked up on the arm of the sofa and had her head in my lap. Our hands were interlaced and occasionally being played with. We sat there in silence enjoying each other's presence, which I wouldn't have had it any other way. It felt so good to have her back, not just in my life, but it felt like something was missing. A part of me gets taken away when she leaves, and it hurts, but she's back. She's home. It's not a place for me. It's Dee. It will always be.

Idina POV

Words could not describe what I was feeling. James and I were finally together. Yeah, we were together before, but we are actually close again. It's something I didn't realize I needed so much in my life. It's not until you lose someone, that you know how much they mean to you. He's always there for me. It doesn't matter when, who or what. He'll always be there. Before all of this, when life was normal, he used to do the "small things." Like, coming home late after a show and laying in bed together, or I would be having a bad day and he would try to crack stupid jokes that weren't funny at all, but we laughed until we couldn't breath. If all of that's not love, then I don't know what is.

I couldn't wait to finally start our lives together, to finally have a family with Walker and get married. I didn't want any more problems with Aaron, or with new girlfriends. Especially with hospitals -never again.

We needed a fresh start and that's what was going to happen.

"James?"

He looked down at me and instantly had a smile on his face.

"Yeah?"

I looked back down at his hand and played with the ring.

"I think we should move to California."

I didn't think I would upload this much today. Especially since I'm about to start finals this week. Expect a looot more chapters during the summer, if you guys still want me to keep going with this? 😊