Chapter 3 - Test Subjects

As I raised Ian's shirt, I felt his soft body under my hands. It felt very warm in comparison to my fingers. When my friend realised what I wanted to do, he stopped kissing me and let me remove his shirt entirely. I tucked it on the ground, and as I did so, Ian started to kiss me again, but slower and shorter this time, like he didn't have the courage for more.

I lightly touched his trousers without really realizing it. My brain seemed like it had stopped working, and all my senses were as bad as at times I'm drunk. I felt Ian holding my arms back slightly, and when I didn't stop kissing him, his grab became stronger.

He seperated his lips from mine, and strechted himself so he could reach the nearest light switch. When the room was lighted again, I saw that Ian was staring into my direction with a mixed look. I could read confusion, surprise, and even a little bit of anger in his eyes, and it made me feel like I did something wrong.

"I just...." I began, but I stopped and sighed. A weird feeling overwhelmed me. Did Ian really think that I wanted to.. go all the way?

I realised that I was holding my breath, so I let the air out. "You know what? Forget it." I shook my head with the energy I had left.

It was after I stood up from Ian's tights, when I saw my friend with undressed upper body, and finally realized what we had done.

I took a deep breath, ruffled myself trough my hair and turned around, so that Ian couldn't see my face. What have I done? Did I really think this was a good idea? I felt my eyes burning like fire trying to hold my tears back. "Sorry." I murmured, just to say anything.

I didn't want Ian to see me like this, so I left the room as fast as possible, my head bowed. I could here Ian shouting "Anthony, wait!" behind me. I quicked my pace and ran to my bedroom, locking the door behind me and leaning against it. Ian was on the other side of the door already. He knocked.

"Anthony!".

He tried to open the door, but when he realised that it was locked, he said my name again. This time louder.

"Anthony, please let me in. We have to speak about it. I'm sorry that..." His voice broke, and I heard him whispering "I'm sorry that I disappointed you."

I didn't answer, instead I went to my bed and threw myself into it, burying my face in my pillow. I perceived his voice again, it was muffled trough the pillow, so I couldn't understand what he said.

I waited a few minutes, and when I was sure that he has gone, I stood up and looked through the keyhole in my door. No Ian anywhere. It was very late already, so I decided to go to sleep without brushing my teeth or showering. I didn't want to meet Ian on the way to the bathroom.

~

When I woke up the next morning, the sun was already pretty high. I forgot to set my alarm the last day, and so it was about 10 o'clock already. I immediately stood up and changed my clothes. After that I silently opened my door and walked to the bathroom.

When I brushed my teeth I thought about Ian and what he was probably doing in this moment. I thought of the possibility that he was editing this week's video, which we spent the last two days filming.

"I should help him with that." I muttered. So I left the bathroom and went into the kitchen for a fast breakfast. Ian sat on the table, drinking tea.

"Good morning." he said with a silent voice and smiled.

I was surprised to see Ian here, but I replied "G'Morning."

As I turned around to get the eggs from the fridge, I heard Ian moving his chair and coming towards me.