Chapter 6 - Not as planned

I didn't hear Ian on the other side of the line for a while, but then he stuttered: "What do you mean with... 'Kalel is gone'"?

My whole body was shaking. "When I told her the truth she began to cry and ran away with her whole stuff. I think she is inside the airport right now."

Ian breathed loudly, but calmly. "What did she say?"

"That I'm not in love with her anymore, because I fell in love with you. I said that I love you both, but she didn't believe me."

My friend didn't answer.

"What the heck should I do now?" I asked him.

"It's maybe the best when you come back to the Smosh house. Maybe Kalel is going to your house. You don't want to see her, right?" he replied.

"Yes, you're right. I'll come to the Smosh house. Are you still there?"

"Yeah. " Ian answerd. "Wait, there is one more thing..."

"What is it?"

"Sorry to ask but... Are you single now?" he asked me.

I didn't know if Kalel broke up with me. But I knew what my answer to Ian's question was.

"No, I have a boyfriend." I replied and hang up.

I wiped off my tears and started the car.

I was almost halfway at the Smosh house when I got a text from Ian. I picked up my phone and read it. It said "come home fast, i have sth 2 tell you"

When I looked up from my phone, I saw another car in front of mine. Then all became black.

#

When I woke up, I realised that I wasn't in my car anymore. I remembered what happened, and my head hurt. When I opened my eyes I could see a plain white ceiling above me.

After a few seconds I was able to hear again. There was a constant "peep"-noise, and it really hurt in my ears, because it was very loud.

I sat up and saw that Ian was sitting next to my bed in an old chair, reading a something on his phone. When he saw me sitting up, he looked up and smiled. Then he stood up and pushed a little button on the wall. A few seconds later a nurse entered the tiny room.

Ian went to her and they spoke very quiet, so I couldn't hear anything. Then the nurse came to me and pushed a few buttons on a machine next to me. The "peep"-noise disappeared.

"Hello Mister Padilla. I see that you are awake. If you want to, you can go home now. You only had a shock and a concussion. You were really lucky."

I was surprised about that, but I didn't ask how I could have this much luck.

I turned around to look into Ian's face. "What the fuck happened?"

The nurse cleared her throat loudly.

"You crashed your car. Nothing too bad, but the car is crap." my boyfriend replied. "Nobody knows about it.", he added.

I sighed of relief. "Good. It should stay that way."

The nurse nodded towards us. "Goodbye Mister Padilla, Mister Hecox. Have a good day."

In the second she left the room, Ian leaned forward and kissed me for a few seconds.

"Let's go home now, shall we?" he asked and helped me stand up.

~

As soon as we arrived at the Smosh house, Ian wanted to help me going to my bed.

"I'm okay Ian. I just have a headache." I said to him as I laid down.

"Well, in that case..." He leaned above me and continued talking: "We could..." He kissed me on the lips. "You know, we have no girlfriends anymore... So it's not cheating anymore. Also, I heard sex is good again headaches."

My boyfriend grinned and kissed me again, this time more powerful. I had this weird feeling in my stomach, that I had only had when I was with Kalel, and feeling it with Ian was... Well... Weird as fuck.

"Wait!" I said. He looked confused into my eyes. "What about Melanie? Did you speak with her yet? You just said we don't have girlfriends anymore, that means you broke up, doesn't it?"

Ian sighed. "Right, I didn't tell you yet."

I wanted to ask if this was the thing he texted me about, but I didn't want to remind him that his text was the reason for the crash, so I just said "Then tell me now."

Ian sat up and looked at his feet. "Melanie called me. I think Kalel told her about us. Anyways... She was pretty upset at first. But I explained it to her and told her everything."

He looked into my eyes again. "I mean like... really everything."

I was mad at him for telling Melanie 'really everything', but I could understand why he did that.

"She listened to me quietly the whole time, and then she said that I..." he continued and came a bit closer to me. "That I should follow my heart and be happy. And... I was a douchebag and said that my heart is on the way to the Smosh house right now..."

I blushed at the thought of being Ian's soulmate. "You're not a douchebag. It was right that you told her the truth." I calmly replied.

Ian nodded and wanted to kiss me, but I said "Stop. Continue the story. You're not finished yet."

My boyfriend sighed. "Well, she said 'Looks like we're not a couple anymore.' and then she wished me a good night. She even said 'see you later'. She tried acting cool, but I heard that she was crying."

I thought about that a few seconds. "She wants that you stay friends."

"That's good, I want that too. She is an amazing woman."

The way Ian spoke about his ex-girlfriend was very sweet and reminded me how Kalel and me parted - in a whole different way. Will we continue seeing us? It's unavoidable, and a part of me liked that. But then I realised...

"We have to cancel our wedding."

Ian was a little bit confused at first, but then he knew what I meant. 

"Oh, you're right. That's hard, man." he answered. "But with my help, you can do it."

"I really hope so." I replied.

 - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - +
TUMBLR:    http://imagine-ianthony.tumblr.com/fanfiction
- + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - +