Chapter 3

My mom laughed and shook her head. "No, honey, I was never any good with jokes, but your dad is. You can ask him when we get home."

I nodded and laid my head against the seat. I closed my eyes, and my thoughts drifted. I started thinking of Lucas, and how his voice sounds. It was really deep, and to be completely honest, soothing.

I was starting to doze off when we pulled up at home. I yawned, and got out, of course stumbling over my feet. I fell hard on my hands and knee, and mumbled an 'ouch', trying not to curse. I got up, and brush off the dirt.

It isn't that bad, I'm fine, I thought to myself. I walked inside and laid down for a bit. The next thing I knew was my mom shaking me awake.

"Luna, you've got to get up! We have 10 minutes to get you back to school!" My mom wasn't the best with time, and neither was I for that matter. I got up, still a little groggy, and walked towards the truck. I could already feel the soreness in my arms and legs.

We made it to the highschool and less than 5 minutes and I jumped out, yelling bye to her. I was about to walk through the double doors when I froze on the spot. I didn't ask dad about a joke, I thought. What was I supposed to tell Lucas!? Ugh!

I took a deep breathe, and walked in. Its time to do what I do best. . . winging it. I sighed, and walked through the doors, feeling the cold air hit me. I looked around, searching for Lucas, and finally found him who a group if people. They were clearly upperclassmen, and I wasn't going to try to walk over there.

Well. . . I guess I don't have to tell him a joke now. I realized I was frowning, I actually wanted to talk to him. It was weird, I wanted to be by him, and talk to him. His smile was amazing and his laugh was so freaking adorable.

I started staring off into space with a small smile, thinking of his smile and laugh. I didn't even realize he walked up to me until he said something.

"Hey shorty, can I hear your joke now? Or are you too busy smiling at something else?" He said, smirking. Oh wow, that's a little hot. . . no stop Luna. You're not getting a crush on this boy.

I felt my face heat up a little, but I smirked. Somehow I gained a little of confidence from him calling me short. "Oh I was thinking of my joke again, Gigantor. But I'm not sure I should tell you. . . its pretty nerdy. . ." I smiled sweetly at him, but dropped it when he looked at me weird.

"Well, anyways, um yeah the joke. . . . what do you call Chewbacca when he has chocolate stuck in his fur?" I mumbled, blushing furiously. Lucas shook his head with a small smile, I'm not even sure he though about it. "A chocolate chip Wookiee."

Lucas laughed really loud, and I shot him a confused look. The joke wasn't even that funny, but yet he was almost falling on the floor from laughing so hard.

Finally the laughter died down some. "Um sorry I laughed so hard. . . I'm kinda into Star Wars and stuff. . ." he explained, rubbing the back of his neck. I have to admit, the blush across his face was very adorable, but you could barely see it from his skin color.