Chapter Nine

I'm one of the first people in calc as always. I fall into my seat being careful not to spill the iced coffee from Starbucks Kirst surprised me with this morning. I smile and watch the other specimens walk into the room, taking their good old time. Only as Scott walks in do I realize Stephen is up at the front talking to Dr. Louis.

"Mr. Hoying." Dr. Louis says to Scott. Scott swallows nervously and walks over to Dr. Louis' desk. Dr. Louis puts on his 'serious' face as he points between Scott and Stephen. They talk for a couple minutes then Scott turns around, a smile on his face. He grabs his bag and walks towards me.

"I don't like the look of that smile." I say as he gets closer to me. He smiles and plops down in Stephen's seat. "Are you sick, girl?" He laughs and gets his notebook out of his back pack.

"I am your new partner." He says with a smile. I open my mouth to talk and he shakes his head. "And you're my new tutor." I close my mouth and stare at him.

"What the fuck?" I say. He shakes his head with a smile. The smile turns sour and he lays his head on his hands.

"Mitchy," He sighs. "I'm almost failing." My mouth falls open. He laughs without humor. "One more C on an assignment and I'm fucked." I just stare at him. The dumb blonde. I slap his arm.

"Bitch, it has been three weeks since you dropped the dicks and started hanging with the Queens." I pause. He nods, confused. "Why the fuck haven't you asked me to help you before now, dumbass?" He shakes his head.

"Because I didn't want you to think I'm extremely dumb." I crack up.

"Scotland, you are extremely dumb." I smile at him and nudge him with my shoulder. "Why do you think I let you hang around?" He smiles at me and then laughs with me.

"Thanks Mitchy." He whispers to me as Dr. Louis starts the lesson. "I feel so much better now." Sarcasm drips off each word he mumbles. I chuckle and open my doodling notebook. My doodling notebook didn't last long. I spent the whole class writing notes to Scotland explaining what Dr. Louis says. At the end of the lesson he officially hates calc and promised to try to review it later at home. Before I know it it's time for choir. Kirst and I walk in, arms interlocked as always. We take our now normal seats by Scotland and Avi. Me beside Scott and Kirst beside Avi in front of us. Don't worry, we didn't just drop our girls for Scotland and Avi. Cara, Taylor, Hannah, and Thomas sit with us too. They accepted Scott and Avi into the group fairly easily (once I assured them that they never hurt me).

"Hello ladies." I say sitting down. Scotty rolls his eyes and Avi gives me a small smile. I put my selfie camera on and fix my bangs for the hundredth time. "Alright girls, today Misty is letting us pick our groups for the showcase. Obviously we'll be together and kick serious ass." Scott creeps his head into my cameras view and we end up taking like a hundred selfies. Each sexier than the last. "Damn we are hot." Avi and Kirstie laugh.

"Hell yeah we are." Scotty says, as he snaps in front of himself. I slap him.

"OMG. That is so gay." That makes all three of them crack up and soon the four of us are uncontrollably laughing. Yes the whole room is full of loud conversations but we are by far the most obnoxious and having the most fun. Misty walks in and gives us a weird look only to set Scott and I off again. I hear Avi whisper to Kirstie.

"I swear those two are the same person." I glance up at Scott as he wipes the laughter induced tears from his eyes, a smile still dominating his face. In the past three weeks Scott and I have hung out together every day. Most of the time at Kirst's but occasionally we would chill after school in the choir room singing and messing around. We've learned that the two of us are scary alike but also real different. He notices me looking at him and gives me his 'sexy' face which makes me burst into giggles again. I slap him.