Chapter Twelve

I pull into Kit Kat's driveway the next morning and park, waiting for her to finish getting ready. She's texted me a hundred and five times telling me she's running late. My phone vibrates again in my pocket. I shake my head. Kit Kat. I unlock my phone and smile.

My QUEEN: Hey girl. Try to actually take good notes in calc. We're starting a new chapter today.

Beyoncé from Scotland: Even when you're not here that annoying little voice is still there.

Beyoncé from Scotland: ALSO what did you change my contact name to? Kirst told me you changed it from "SEXIEST MOST IMPORTANT PERSON IN MY LIFE"...

My QUEEN: BITCH YOU WOULD DIE WITHOUT ME.

My QUEEN: Wouldn't you like to know, Scotty. ;D

I laugh at Mitchy as Kirst gets in the car. She smiles at me.

"What are you laughing about, girl?" Kirst looks good today. Her hair is pulled up in a high ponytail, her natural curls flowing out of the binding around her neck. She has a cute little salmon sun dress on that falls a bit below mid-thigh. She is killing it today. I smile at her.

"Mitch is being annoying as always." She smiles and pulls her phone out. "Do you think we can go and visit him after choir? We do need to talk about the arrangement we want to do."

"Is he going to be well enough to rehearse?" Kit shrugs and starts fixing her makeup in the mirror as I pull into the first parking spot I see. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people search for fucking parking spots just cause they wanna be four spots closer to the door. Like no bitch, see one take one.

"Even if he's not we can still plan out the arrangement." She leans over and kisses my cheek. "Thanks for the ride babe. I gotta run I'm meeting Taylor to go over some physics problem. See ya third period!" She blows me another kiss and hops out of her car. I smile after her and get out of the car. I walk to my locker alone cause all my friends have abandoned me. Avi isn't coming in til third period, Mitchie is sick, and Kit Kat apparently has Taylor now. I smile and shake my head as I open my locker. I smile into my locker as I get my books for the day. I don't know how I got so lucky to be surrounded by such a fantastic group of people. I decide to go to calc early even though I'll be sitting in the classroom by myself. I could work on my English paper. I'm pretty sure it's due Tuesd... I walk into calc and see someone sitting in Mitch's seat. I walk back to our table.

"What are you doing in Mitch's seat?" I try to sound all tough and cold but I doubt I did. Emerald eyes meet mine, a sad smile spreads across a face I know all too well.

"I wanted to talk before anyone got here." Stephen pulls out my chair, turning in Mitch's so his body is facing mine. I glance at my seat then sit. His smile grows. A smile I once melted for. Now all I see is him smiling after hurting Mitch. I cross my arms over my chest.

"What do you want, Stephen?" His smile fades and he becomes serious. He takes a deep breath.

"Scott, I know I screwed up," I open my mouth but he cuts me off. "Please let me finish." I slowly nod. "I know I screwed up and I feel terrible about it. I had no reason to pick on Mitch and to be honest... I was jealous." He looks down at his lap. "The way you always looked at him made me jealous. They weren't romantic looks but I still felt jealous. I thought the only way you would really be mine is if you forgot about him." He looks back into my eyes, the pain evident in his eyes. I sigh. I didn't want to cause him pain but I also don't want him causing Mitch pain. "I was insecure. I already had you all to myself and I completely blew it over some stupid bit of jealousy." He takes a deep breath. "I'm not asking you to get back together with me but I want you in my life, Scott. We use to be so close. More than just boyfriends." He swallows hard. "Also, I came out to my family the other day and... and yesterday I came out to the guys." My chin hits the floor while my eyes pop out of my head. He smiles and chuckles shyly. A blush creeping across his face. "I really miss you, Scott. I'm not asking for an answer right now but just think about it, okay?" He starts to stand and I grab his arm. I give him a small smile.