Recovery

It was her first day of "recovery" was the word Fitz used. Jojo was sitting up in the bed with Hunter and Fitz in the room. "Simmons was going to do this, but she's stuck in the lab. She asked me to do it," Fitz explained. "What're we doing today, Dr Fitz?" Jojo said sarcastically. She wasn't very excited about this. She knew it would either be too easy or too hard, and that they would be overly careful. "Well, Jojo today we're just going to work on walking." "Walking? Really? On the first day?" Hunter retorted. "Why walking? I was shot in the stomach!" Hunter itched his head uncomfortably, he didn't like talking about when his best friend almost died. "It's harder than you think. Plus your foot isn't healed so we're um.. how do you Americans say it? Ah yes 'killing two birds with one stone.'" Fitz replied Scottishly.
"Alrighty then let's do this," Jojo said while she dangled her feet off the bed. She sucked it her gut after she did, because that caused her more pain then she expected. Hunter put his hands out worriedly , not knowing what to do or how to help. "Let's just start with getting out of the bed first." He said. Jojo quickly nodded. Fitz and Hunter grabbed one of her arms and helped her stand up. She breathed quickly and heavily, "ah!" She cried out in pain and sat back on the bed. "It's ok, we don't have to rush anything." Fitz soothed her. "No, I can do this," She responded. She stood up and let out a quiet gasp of pain, but this time she didn't sit back down. "Ok I'm up. My foot hurts like heck. What now?" "Well," Fitz said, "Jemma and I wanted you to use these." He showed her the crutches standing against the wall. "Phh" She laughed "you actually thought I'd use those? Have you met me?" "Would you like to try and walk without them?" Fitz said, knowing he was right. "Heck yeah I will!" Jojo responded. She took one step and immediately bent her broken foot in pain which somehow hurt her stomach which made her topple over into Hunter who caught her. "Mate I think you'll want to use those," He looked down at her. She was leaning against his chest looking at Fitz and frowning. She looked up at Hunter and nodded. He brought them over to her. "Tomorrow, if we make progress and get downstairs, I have something exciting to show you," Fitz announced as Hunter was sitting on the bed with Jojo on his lap. Jojo nodded, as she couldn't talk when she was in pain. Hunter was hugging her from the back, which she loves. It reminds her of her dad. Because he wasn't her dad anymore she loved how Hunter hugged her. His hands were on her stomach, above the wound of course. She slid her hands onto his in which he grabbed hers. Just like she and her father used to do. But this was so much better. Hunter looked down on her. "I love you, matey," He thought, "and I always will."