Chapter 17:

"I know,it hurts me too."

We sat in silence,not knowing what to say to each other.

I felt like snapping,just going up to him and punching him.

How could he come and say that it hurts him,when he was The one that left me,all alone.he was the one who broke my heart.

"If it hurts you too...then...why did you do what you did?" I replied softly,wiping away the last couple of tears.

"I..."he began to reply.

At that point I wanted to turn around,and look at him.but I knew that if I did,I would have burst into tears.

"I...I cant say." He lightly whispered.

My hands clenched the grass I was touching,and slowly pulling it out of the roots.I jumped up and turned to him,throwing the grass in anger,watching it as it slowly fell in front of me.

My eyes locked with his,and no matter how mad I tried to be,I couldn't be mad at him,and I hate myself for that.

"H-how could you NOT be able to tell me WHY!!??" I croaked,trying to hold back the tears once again.

He frowned,clenching his fists,like he was about to punch me.

His fist flew past my face and punched the tree,causing bits of bark to brake off it.

Once again we both had nothing to say.Zayn was breathing heavily as he pulled his arm back,and I stood there,regretting ever talking to him in the first place.

Zayn then turned around and began walking away,one hand running through his hair and the other in his pocket.

Why?

Why did I want to run to him,and wrap my arms around him?Why does my heart still believe he's mine?

How can he say such things,then walk out if my life again?

But there's something I'm missing.something more to the story.

-

I gazed over the horizon as I continued jogging along the path.My iPod playing full blast into my ears.

I felt at peace,even though I know I'd feel like shit as soon as I returned home.

My mind was pumping of reasons as to why zayn had done this.Eem though I knew there was a high chance he didn't love me anymore,I still had hope that it would be for a different reason.

And it hit me.

I sprinted across the road and around the streets,and to zayns house.

I knew he'd hate me for coming,but could he hate me more than what he already does?

My legs almost buckled as I made a stop just outside his house.

I looked around to see 2 cars parked outside his house,and I knew right away that they belonged to his dads friends.

I caught my breath before slowing walking up host footpath,but before I could even walk up the front steps the door flung right open.

I froze in shock as I realised that his "friends" we're those guys who attacked zayn,and slapped me.

I clenched my fists as they looked down at me,their small frowns turning into large grins.

"Long time no see,miss" one of the men winked as he stepped down.

"Fuck off" I spat as he approached me,attempting to grab my arm.

"Hey! Watch that mouth of yours!" He replied shoving his hands into his pockets.