Chapter 5

Battle of Valor

Battle of Valor

Master Kit Fisto and Anakin watched their padawans as they helped the clones sorting the supply boxes in the hangar of the jedi cruiser. They'd just returned from a mission on Glee Anslem, the home world of the Nautolotians.

'Skywalker, your padawan fought well today. He has the best potential of becoming a good jedi.'

'As has your padawan, Master Fisto.'

'Zatt is a good apprentice, he's a fast learner. But he's no match for Petro.'

Anakin had to admit that his padawan's abilities were pretty impressive.

'But Zatt is very talented when it comes to technology.'

'That's true. He has more technical knowledge than any other jedi I've ever seen.'

'Zatt, oh force! It looks like you've lost your padawan braid!'

'What?' the Nautilon immediately touched the place on his back of his head between the tentacles where his braid should be. But there was nothing there.

'Petro, that's not funny! Give it back to me!'

'Come and get it!' He held the braid in the air with the force.

Zatt let fall the supply box he was carrying on the ground and chased Petro through stacks of boxes.

'I think we should contact the council now and report them the news of our victory.'

'I agree.'

They had already reached the door of the hangar when they heard a loud noise. Anakin sprinted over to the stacks followed by Master Fisto. Anakin searched the mess for the padawans and spotted them under a few boxes. He removed them with the force. He looked disapprovingly at them but decided to leave the reprimand to Master Fisto.

'Padawans, your behavior is childish. This is a cruiser of the Republic, not a playground. You are going to clean this mess up while we contact the Council.'

'Yes, master.' They replied in unison lowering their heads.

The jedi masters left and the two padawans started to move the supply boxes.

'That's all your fault Petro!'

'My fault? You chased me!'

'Only because you stole my Padawan braid. You're just jealous because yours is still so short.'

Zatt and Petro could tease each other all day long never getting tired of pranking the other.
Petro pushed a box in Zatt's direction in response. Zatt ducked and the box crashed against the metal wall. They both started laughing.

After they had finished the stacks Anakin ordered Petro to rest. The problem was that Petro was a bundle of energy. He was almost never tired. Anakin couldn't convince his padawan to rest until he said he'd also take a nap. They were lying on their beds in their quarters.