Prologue

''Are you ready?''

''I've never been more ready, dad.''

''Ok, so concentrate your mind. Blank it out, think of nothing else, you understand?''

''Yes.''

So that's exactly what I did, erase everything from my tank of thoughts and filter them out for a little while. It comes surprisingly easy to me even though my head is crammed with memories, thoughts, plans, names, song lyrics, just like everyone else's brain is filled with. I guess it comes part of the package though; that it's easier to just get rid of every single thought, like it's all going through a shredder and it will never be able to be put back together and travel again into my brain.

Slowly, everything whizzes away from me until I am left with only the thought of the task ahead. I squint my eyes shut so hard that they feel like they're going to burst like a balloon and then a sharp voice appears in my head, which shocks me for a moment, but then I get my focus back onto it once more.

''Well, congratulations if you can hear this. You've done it, Enna. Let's have a mind hug to celebrate!'' It startles me again and I jump out from my focus and shake my head as I return back to the real world. Then, a smile overtakes my face which I didn't expect would happen, but I almost feel proud at what I have accomplished. For the first time, I have used my crazy ability, my weird power, my indifferent talent and it's strange. A strange feeling. A good, strange feeling. My dad comes over to me, who has been standing a few paces away, and pats me on the back. I can see his face beaming with delight and I am happy, happy that he is happy. The only reason I want to take the power, have so much responsibility, is for him. It was his after all. He gave it to me and trusted me with it, so I need to return the trust and the favour by accepting it.

''I am proud, Enna. The look on your face reminds me of when I first discovered that I could read minds. And I am so happy that my daughter is carrying the power through the family, even though it's a big responsibility.'' And he gives me a big hug in which I grudgingly accept, and I hug him back.

The moment made him delighted with me, but I still hate my power. I am different now and people treat me different. And anyone with powers has to go somewhere no-one else can go. A school. Zodiac camp & school, I think it was named. Which means I have to go, away from normal life and live with 'power freaks', as people sometimes refer to us as. I mean, it can't be that bad but living under a roof with people who have powers that can probably kill you is a bit of a turn-off. Just a bit...