Chapter 5- Yet again

I turn around quickly, worried. Barron runs rapidly, but that is just natural anyway so I am unclear if it's in a case of urgency. He stops in his tracks just infront of us. Josh has moved his hand with embarrasment and I have stood up, troubled and nerve-wracked at what he might say. Surely nothing else bad has happened already?

Any sense of importance that might have been there suddenly oozes away from him and he looks from me to Josh several times.

''Was I interrupting something?'' He asks, curiously and I shake my head straight away.

''Yes, actually you were.'' Josh says, confidently, now standing up as if to square up to Barron, which is out of character behaviour for him. Barron raises an eyebrow and I shoot a look at Josh.

''No he wasn't,'' I say to Josh, a puzzled edge to my voice. What did he possibly interrupt? Was Josh about to say something else?

''Anyway, I just came to tell you that i've just been for an appointment with Mr Paulo and he says he's got you a session today. He booked it in last minute and told you to go so I came to tell you. It's in about...'' He glances down at a large watch that is wrapped around his wrist neatly. ''...10 minutes. So that's why you need to hurry.''

''Oh, well thanks for telling me.'' I say, kindly and he smiles in reply. Josh looks disheartened and stands there alone. ''I better go then. Sorry Josh.''

He shrugs and I walk off to the school building, with Barron following me. I take a look back over my shoulder and Josh still waits there, now sitting over the pond edge with his feet in the water. It doesn't look clean at all but it might be refreshing, I guess.

I part with Barron and he walks off in the direction of our tree, where Wren, Sophia-Marie and Stefan must be. Inside the school building, I am greeted by a blast of cold air which freshens up my bones and chills them so I feel cool again. I walk towards the classroom where [Mr] Paulo's sessions are. Outside the door is a clipboard hanging off a nail that is sticking out the wall. As Barron said, my name is marked down one below his. I was hoping it wasn't all a trick. His jealous side could have gotten out of hand again and tricked me into getting away from Josh. I sit on a chair next to the door but am only upon the chair for half a minute, where Paulo greets me and calls me into the classroom.

It is by far my favourite classroom. It is the most modern and clean, with a white and red contemporary interior.

A shiny desk lays at the end of the room infront of the window and Paulo plops himself in his revolving chair. He lays his arms out infront of him, leaning against the table and clasps them together, looking very official for a casual guy like him.

I sit opposite, leaning against the back of the chair insouciantly. I feel a strong urge to put my legs up on the table, but i'm sure Mr Crowdon wouldn't appreciate that in his school.

''So Enna, I'm worried about you. I've said this to everyone who's came in here today by the way, but i've been advised to say it,'' His deep voice booms through the room and echoes off the white walls and floors.

''Ha, why?'' I reply, coolly.

''After what happened, everyone will be a bit scarred, I imagine. Remember, I am not just a 'power helper', if you like. I am also a counsellor, so you can tell me how you feel about anything, you understand?''

It's one of those rhetorical questions where he doesn't expect you to answer. There's one thing that Paulo will never be and that is a teacher. He will never demand you for a 'yes sir' after his question. He likes to help and be as understanding and relatable to all the teen's at this school as anyone. I am glad that my power is a mind power and that I have Paulo as my one-on-one guidance counsellor instead of one of the other two. He is the second person in the school that I feel most comfortable talking to about my problems, worries or suspicions. The first person, of course, is Josh but even then that gets awkward and sometimes Paulo sneaks to top position on my list.