f i v e

It gets cold to be this cruel.

A freshman trembled at Keira's feet, flyaway papers from a large binder scattered around the stoic silence that covered the scene.

The girl who'd ran into Keira had long since stopped trying to beg for mercy. Everyone was watching, holding their breaths to see how the ice queen would strike her down.

Keira felt the gaze of dozens. She was used to it. The burning stares didn't do a thing for her frostiness.

She looked down at the girl and snarlingly smirked.

"You'll pay for this."

She saw pure terror flash in her eyes, reflecting off the tears.

"Hey!" Someone pushed through the crowd and grabbed the girl. "Are you alright? Are you hurt?" He murmured softly. She shook her head. He glared at the crowd and they dissipated.

Keira scoffed.

"Who are you and why are you sticking your nose in a matter that doesn't concern you?"

The boy looked up at her and she recognized him as the new kid. The one who'd walked up to her like a little brat and called her out for glaring.

"It concerns me when you're bullying my friends. Let's go." He collected the papers and helped up the girl.

Keira felt slightly fazed for once, but she brushed it off, not wanting to make a scene- there was nobody to witness it.

"I'm Mitchell," she heard him say. "You?"

"Annie." The girl said back quietly.

Keira hated Mitchell. Keira hated Annie. Did she know them? No. Did she have a solid reason to? Heck no. But was she going to make their lives a veritable hell? Heck yes.