Chapter 1: Downer

Narrator: (2:16 P.M.)

Just your average day for the students in Cornbury middle school. There goes the teachers, students, classes, work. Average? You can say that...

"Keeping your motives out of reach, will help you encounter nothing. I say give it a shot!" Shope, the smartest girl, or declares to be, in the school. Best friends: Let's just say that they're there for her.

"I don't know guys... this might ruin any other future chances," Tyler, awkward? Yeah, but you can say that he can be the most responsible out of all of his friends. Love life: Dream on.

"Who cares about your future, you have to live of today!" Kevin, not the guy you'd need in a serious business situation. Weird: one hundred percent.

"Just go with your heart," Roach, super nice, smart, and doesn't talk much, but when it comes to love, he's the one reaching out. Conditions: Bad hygiene issues.

"What's that sound?!" Kevin asked as the others hid behind. The bell had just finished ringing. They were about to face their biggest nemesis ever... class.

***
*In class*

"I don't get it," Roach blurted out.

"Dude, even I got it," Kevin laughed. The noobs were learning this new lesson of math.

Kevin began to write some notes on his paper.

'Mental
Abuse
To
Humans'

"Really?" Tyler asked looking at Kevin's paper. Kevin nodded and began to laugh quietly. Tyler smiled to the fact that he was glad of having Kevin as his best friend. Yeah he wasn't the best in most areas, but when you have a friend, you have them.

Shope's POV (2:38 P.M.)

Studying for this next test! Gonna ace this thing! I heard a small chuckle, probably coming from Kevin, knowing that he normally goofs of in class. I turned to his direction and I see him laugh. He has a special laugh... I then turn slightly only to see Tyler, and he was daydreaming and blushing. Blushing?

"Hey, Mr.red-cheeks, what's going on?" I asked, interrupting his daydream. He quickly covered his face.

"Sorry," Tyler replied still covering his face.

I turned back to face the teacher up front. I felt this hole, it just created itself... or something like that. Was Tyler daydreaming about Amy? No, he was looking at... Kevin... Did Tyler take Kevin away from me? Or the other way around? I mean Kevin did make Tyler laugh. What am I talking about... nonsense. They're my friends. I wouldn't seperate us...

***

Tyler's POV (2:57 P.M.)

Red cheeks? Was I blushing? Why?

I wasn't thinking about Amy... what happened? I need to take this out of my mind, calm down, breathe, and-

Uh, I feel hot again.

I felt a note being pressed onto my arm. I looked up and saw Kevin who mouthed the word 'Amy'.

I was filled with joy. I looked at the note and read

'How does an invite to my party for you, Kevin, Roach, and Shope sound?'

I turned to Amy and nodded. She smiled, which obviously made me feel butterflies in my stomach. My face felt hot again.

Stop!

I let my head fall to the desk... and ouch did I regret that. I heard a few giggles from my classmates, mostly Shope.

***
(3:01 P.M.)

"-Like how boring the class was, other than that it was fine," I heard a student blurt out.

"Tyler!" The noobs yelled out.

"Sorry guys, what were you saying?" I asked trying to concentrate on my friends instead of my thoughts.

"We said, what did Amy say, like in the note?" Shope asked.

"Nosy much?" I laughed. She just gave me a look with no expression. We got our stuff from out lockers, and began to walk. As we were walking I told them about how Amy had invited us to her party. They asked why we couldn't ride the bus. I plainly didn't want to see Amy, but of course I didn't tell them that. They agreed that the party was gonna be great. Well good for them, cause I don't think I'll be going. It's Amy's party. My crushes party. But I feel that if I go, I might ruin something, or just get in the way...

***

Kevin's POV (3:45 P.M.)

Tyler didn't seem so happy when he told us about the invite. It's not like him to bail out on anything relating to Amy. We walked with him all the way to his house and waved goodbye, and I could see a hint of sadness in him... wonder what happened.

"Tyler's not Tyler," Roach pointed out.

"What do you mean, he's Tyler Bowman," Shope said in confusion.

"I think he means, that Tyler's not acting like his normal self," I replied. We didn't talk after that. One by one we walked to each others house to drop each other off. First was Roach's house. We dropped him off. Then Shope's.

"Well see you at the party," I said. She turned around and waved goodbye. Opened the door. And went inside.

***

Finally, my house. I walked in and saw no one. It's always like this. Parents gone. No siblings. Just me.

***

In The Next Chapter:

"You're beautiful Shope," Kevin said shoving the camera.

"You too, but I don't see you taking any photos," Shope said pushing the camera back.

"Come on guys! Memories!" Amy exclaimed.