Chapter 8: Deal

Previous Chapter:

"How weird would it be, if the two most opposite people in the world, suddenly collided and became one?" I asked.

Kevin gave me a confused expression.

Of course. Let's start with the basics

"I mean,... Me... And-

***

"So, if the virus gets a hold of you, you get possessed? How do you defeat them?" Shope asked.

"You can defeat the virus with any sort of natural energy," Mem answered.

"Yeah so basically Shope is the only one who can take them down," Zen replied.

"Me? But I'm terrible!" Shope whined.

***

"Kevin what?!" Tyler yelled.

"I like him okay!" I cried. Still I made no eye contact with him.

"I won't believe it until you can say it, while... while looking at me in the eye," I swear, even though I wasn't looking at him, I knew he was crying.

***

Shope's POV  (9:54 P.M.)

I finally dared to look at him. Was this who I was? Someone who just hurts?

"I like Kevin, and that's that," I finally let it out.

"Woah, what's going on here?"

I looked behind Tyler and saw Kevin, whom had just arrived.

***

Shope's POV (9: 02 A.M.)

I then woke up to the sound of pots being clashed together.

"Quiet down!" I groaned burying my head on my pillow.

"Evil doesn't rest, so neither will you noobs, so get up, you're already minutes late for the mission!" Mem yelled.

What was that dream about? Me and Tyler fighting.... iyaaa nope. Don't need that happening. So my mind decided who I shall erase their memory so they won't remember... Yup.

I got up and headed to the main central room. On my way there I bumped into Roach.

"Sorry," I said rubbing my eyes. I then felt kind of light-headed.

"Are you okay Shope?" He asked a tad bit concerned.

"Well I did had this weird dream, about, well nothing," I looked away.

"You can tell me," the roach said.

"It's not you, it's just. Wait what? What happened yesterday? Like the real thing?" I asked.

"Well we discussed about the virus and then we all left and slept," He said a bit confused.

Ok, so basically everything was real except for the part of me being in my room and Tyler coming in, then tears and stuff. Well that's a relief.

(If you don't get it. Basically everything italicized in the previous chapter at the end was Shope's dream, as well as the italicized part of this chapter in the beginning.)

"But I still have to erase Tyler's memory," I said.

"Huh?" The Roach asked.

"Did I say that out loud?" I grew shocked, "Ignore that please!"

I ran to the main central room as fast as I could. I hope Roach didn't hear anything about that cause... um well yeah...

"So are you noobs ready?" Zen asked.

Roach's POV (9:31 A.M.)

What was Shope talking about? Tyler's memory?

I know she wants to get out of this situation she's in, but is it really necessary to go that far? She may erase Tyler's memory, but that won't erase his feelings.

She should know that. Is she new to this love thing?

Shope's POV (10:56 A.M.)

"Ok so we've specialized your battlesuits so that the virus won't be able to infect you guys. With the ghost virus in the open, you won't know if your close to it," Mem explained.

So basically, it's a literal ghost. Who'd of thought? This kind of gives me an idea. If you can't see the virus, then you would risk getting infected if you're not wearing a battlesuit. So if I were to secretly dispose of Tyler's battleball for a few...

"-infected."

Bingo.

"What was that Shope?" Kevin asked giving an observant look.

"What was what?"

"Shope?" Kevin asked once more. I answered again, even louder this time. He still couldn't hear me. Could he not hear me?

"Shope is... gone." Mem looked down. What does he mean? I'm right here. I walked up to him and yet he still looked at the place I was moments ago.

"This isn't funny guys... remember, I'm the one who can save us all, so don't come begging when you're infected with the ghost virus."

"She's been infected by the virus," Zen said, "All hope is gone." I was... I am...

I don't exist?

***

In The Next Chapter:

"I mean, human, animal, and other are natural," Kevin smirked.

"Ooo, now who's thinking," I smiled back. I took out my battleball and implanted it on my chest. This is what it meant. Natural. It would've been proud. But... there's always next time.

"Believe me. She is."

***

[BOOK FINALE IS NEXT CHAPTER].