Chapter 2

The man in a black suit, and a woman in a white shirt and a black pencil skirt, stepped out of the navy blue Subaru. They rambled thought the station and sat down in front of the personnel's desk.

"Good afternoon, officer," James Fyers greeted. "We're Yaya Anne Fyer's parents."
The personnel placed a pile of papers and handed them a pen. "Sign here," he yawned. "Your daughter is currently with Detective Ryder."

Anong let out a sigh and signed a few pieces of papers. "This paperwork is unnecessary," she grumbled. "No wonder there's too many corruption within the system."

Yaya appeared, and embraced her mother in a hug. "Are you okay?" she asked, frantically. "Did you hurt yourself?"

She shook her head. "I'm totally fine, mæ̀," assured Yaya. "Just a few scratches, that's all."

James sat her down and put his hands on her shoulder. "What happened?" asked James. Yaya replied, "I got in a fight, with Ezekiel."

He shook his head. "God said to us in the Bible to love our neighbour," he preached. "Violence is never the best option."

"Even Buddha wants his followers to maintain peace," Anong joined in. She nodded. "I understand, mom," she sulked.

"But Ezekiel annoyed me to the core."
A woman in her early 40s entered, with a bubblegum pink dress and kitten heels. She went to the counter and placed her business card on the desk. "I'm here to see my son, Ezekiel Blythe."

The officer nodded. "I'll let Detective Ryder know about this," he stood up. "In the meantime, fill up all of this," he slapped a folder in front of her. 

As he left, Deborah unsealed the folder, revealing copies of forms, each containing empty spaces to fill up. 

She raised her hands. "Officer, should I filled up all of them?" 

"They looked the same," stated Deborah. He walked away, as if she wasn't there. Anong tapped her shoulder.

"Just filled up the first few forms," she offered her help. He face lit up.
"Toda raba, sister," she thanked her. "But isn't this bureaucratic?"

James acknowledged her, and her expressions turned sour. With an officer escorted, Ezekiel looked at Deborah, and took a step forward. 

"Hey mom," his voice trembled. "Sorry about that cut on my face."

She felt his cheeks, and her eyebrows curved downwards. "Oh my baby," she cried. "What happened?"

Yaya got up from her seat. "My apologies, Madame," she bowed, with her palms glued together. "We both fight with each other."

Deborah's lips sealed together and stared at Ezekiel. "You know better to not to pick on a woman, no matter what."

"Our Rabbi even taught you that every Saturday," she continued. "Worse-to-worse, both of you got yourself patched up."

Ezekiel gave a nod to his mother. Then, a bulky in a coat entered and signalled both parties to meet him. He gave them another pieces of paper and two pens. "Sign here and they're free."

James raised his hand. "Wait, what is this for?" he pointed out. "There's no need for you to pay the cash bail," explained Chief Morrison. "So you need to sign this to remove their criminal record."

Deborah sniggered. "Yaya and Ezekiel are still underage."

"Which means any criminal record they have when they're 16 won't be seen at all," she lectured.

Anong pushed the paper forward. "Mrs Blythe has a point," she agreed. "This paperwork we were given just to released our kids is too much."

"No wonder there's too much corruption within the system," Anong said to Chief Morrison.

He slammed the table with force, leaving everyone in the room still. "Just signed this God damn paper and leave," he barked. "I don't want to see your jaundice ass again."

Anong bowed, and signed it. She dragged her husband and Yaya away to their Subaru. Deborah did the same.