Chapter 6

Ding! Ding! The church bell chimed. The brown, wooden coffin was displayed in the church. Many people mourned for Lawan's death.

Many relatives and close friends cried. "Oh Lawan........oh, Lawan......." her grandmother sobbed.

Yaya just stood there, staring at Lawan's coffin. No tears rolling down her cheeks. She walked outside the church, looking at the bright sky.

"Yaya, don't you want to say goodbye to Lawan for one last time?" asked Boonsri.

"You go ahead. I'll catch up," said Yaya, as she got up and left the churchyard. She walked down the aisle while checking out some shops.

She walked into a coffee shop. The shop was packed with youths chit-chatting. "Caramel latte, please," said Yaya, as she put her cash on the counter.

"It'll be ready," said the cashier. Yaya took a seat by the shop window. Then, the waitress came to her table and served her cup of caramel latte.

She took a sip of her latte. Usually, Yaya will enjoy her caramel latte at the coffee shop. But today, she doesn't enjoy her favourite drink.

But she lost her appetite. She kept on thinking about Lawan and her time spent with together. "Lawan would enjoy her coffee here," said Yaya, smiling.

Then, her smiled faded and was replaced by a frown. She spent her 30 minutes in the coffee shop, regretting about her harsh words she said towards Lawan.

She hold back her tears. She sipped her coffee to avoid tears from falling. She swallowed her saliva like she's swallowing a lump of clay.

"Yaya Anne Fyers," called out Ezekiel. She looked at the blue-black haired boy. Yaya ignored him. She's not on the mood to talk to her bitter enemy. "Aren't you supposed to be in the funeral?" asked Ezekiel.

Her anger boiled inside her soul. "Go away," said Yaya. "I just want to talk to you," said Ezekiel.

Yaya got up from her table and walked out of the shop. Ezekiel catch up with her.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Yaya laughed sarcastically. "Are you deaf? I said, go away."

Ezekiel tapped on Yaya's shoulder. "I'm sorry about your loss," said Ezekiel. Yaya stared at him like a vexing tiger.

She pushed Ezekiel's hand from her shoulder and gave him and....

BAM!

She gave him a tight slap. "Stay away from me, you moron. You're stupid, and a selfish jerk, Abraham," yelled Yaya, as she walked away from Ezekiel.