Chapter 8

"Mom, I'm home," said Ezekiel as he placed his school bag on the rack. He stripped off his blazer and walked to the kitchen, only to find the furnitures toppled.

Shocked, he called his mother, only he did not hear his mother's response. He rushed upstairs, only to find his mother lying on the wooden floor in a pool of blood.

"MOM! Wake up," he shouted. There were no words coming out from his mother's lips. He vigorously shook his mother, begging her to get up.

After many attempts, his copper arms shook in fear and agony. Tears rolled on his cheeks. He sobbed endlessly, as he mourned for his mother's apparent death.

Then, the door burst open. A middle-aged man, with an unshaven face, kneel and checked for Mira's pulse. As he couldn't find her pulse and observed the pool of blood around her, he glared menacingly at Ezekiel.

"Did you do this?" he asked. Ezekiel shook his head. The middle-aged man laughed sarcastically.

"Stop pretending, young man," he said. "I know you killed your own mother, isn't it?"

Ezekiel moaned in sadness. "Please, sir. I didn't do it," pleaded Ezekiel. "I would never kill my own mother. I love her. She does everything and she means the world to me."

The middle-aged man twitched his nose in anger. "You are a liar and a murderer," he shouted. He handcuffed Ezekiel and dragged him downstairs of the house.

"You are under arrest for murder. You have the rights to remain silent," said the police officer, as he put him into the car and drove him to the police station.

As he drove, Ezekiel looked outside of the window, while glancing at the police officer. Sneakily, he grabbed the keys from his pocket with his foot and unlock the handcuffs from his arms.

In no haste, Ezekiel jumped out of the police car's window. He staggered from the fall and tries to run as fast as possible.

The police officer stopped his car harshly and opens the car door to chased the 'murderer'. Ezekiel looked back and saw the police chasing after him.

He speeded up and kept I'm running. Panting, the officer grabbed his black pistol from his pocket and fired at Ezekiel.

Fortunately, Ezekiel managed to dodged from the gun shots and disappeared from his sight.

Frustrated, the officer ordered his men to searched for Ezekiel at all cost via the walkie talkie.