12- She is... Shopping

“Girl, you cannot be serious. By the sound of that, he’s whipped.”

“He can’t be. Why me?”

“Because you’re not the ‘typical’ girl that Zayn Malik would date.”

I stared back into Emily’s eyes. From the look inside of them, she was completely serious. Well, as serious as you can get while eating a packet of salted peanuts.

“I’m not?” I asked back, as the two of us took a turn downtown, onto a local street. “You’re a ballerina for crying out loud… a bad boy wants a model, or his dealer. Not a girl who finds enjoyment in dancing.”

“So you’re saying I’m not right for him?” I ask, taking a seat across from the blonde haired beauty in an outdoor café.

“No! What I’m trying to say is… since you’re not the typical girl for him, he has to truly like you, or else why waste that much of his time on someone he isn’t interested in?”

I took a second to sink that in. “You’re entirely right, but I guess I’m afraid…”

“Afraid of what sweetheart? You haven’t tried! It’s like being saying you’re afraid of horses when you don’t know what a horse looks like, or does… I guess what I’m trying to say is… you can’t be afraid of something you haven’t experienced.”

“What if I end up heartbroken?”

Emily took a long, slow sigh. “If he hurts you, I’ll personally make sure that he will never be able to be a father.”

“That’ll come in handy… I’ll call you!”

We laughed a bunch of times at different things as the waitress took our order and returned with our meals. She had looked at the both of us weirdly, when Emily and I, two skinny girls, ordered a Skinny Tea and salads; but it wasn’t anything we weren’t used to…

“I really like this dress, but the teal will definitely look better on you, with the blue eyes thing going on…” I say, passing Emily a teal sundress at Charlotte Russe.

And as I was looking at a bandeau bikini, my phone buzzed.

Zayn- Hope I’m not disturbing you sweetheart, but I had to ask before any of the other boys did... We have this benefit thing tomorrow and I wanted to know if you would please be my date??xx

“Oh my lord, he is so whipped.” Emily said over my shoulder while sipping her tea.

I smirked, and gladly responded,

Johannah- Depends… does that mean I have to go dress shopping?

Zayn- That means I get to buy you any dress you like and we can have dinner before. xx

Johannah- I don’t know… my schedule is pretty busy...

Zayn- Oh puh-lease. We all know you ain’t got a life. xx

Johannah- Sir, I am breathing… (;

Zayn- Yeah, breathing and winking! Come on babe, don’t be so hard, go with me?? xx

Johannah-..Fine! Only if you help me pick out a dress

Zayn- I’ll meet you at the mall in an hour. xx

Johannah- It’s a date!

Zayn-(: even better xx

“Guess who is going on a date with a boy in an hour?!” I call, as Emily widened her eyes and snatched my phone, reading my texts.