Bullies

I walk to art class alone and then the class begins.

"Hello students."

"I'm guessing you all came from Ms. Evelyn's class?"

We all say yes.

"Okay, well I'm Mrs. Hills. Nice to meet you all."

"We're starting off with a project. I'm sorry but we have to get in the swing of things."

Everyone groans but I stay silent.

"You will have to pick a partner from your groups which I will give you, and draw your perspective of them. Be creative and don't be afraid. There is no due date yet but if you don't work then there will be one soon."

She says our groups, which are the same as the first classes (we have to stay with that group for every class), and we choose partners.

"Might we be partners?" Star asks Jason.

Why didn't she ask Robin?

"Nah, I'm fine."

He says smirking at me and I smile back then his smirk forms into a smile
I guess we're partners.

I could've swore star made a face at us but I'm just imagining it. Aren't I?

"Boyfriend Tim, we are partners."

"Sorry Kori. I picked Roy."

"Then I am with....Garfield?" she asked, making a face.

Even I'm not that rude to him.

"We can just switch partners, it's not that big of a deal."
Roy says.

Star nods her head extremely fast and shrieks excitedly.

I would've covered her mouth but I was still confused with her making that face to Beastboy.

It's not just she made a face. She seemed disgusted by him.

To make things worse, a few other students from different groups came up to Beastboy and started making fun of him and pushing him. Star was one of them.

Beastboy couldn't take it and leaves the classroom, on the verge of crying.

I glare at Starfire then run after Beastboy. Soon after, everyone in our group follows.

"Beastboy, wait up!" I yell.

"What?" He asks, almost crying .

He's too sensitive.

I'm not sure what the right thing to say is, so I tell him this,

"Sometimes the strongest among us are the ones who smile through silent pain, cry behind closed doors, and fight battles nobody knows about."

I say, remembering (probably) my all time favourite quote.

He stops and thinks about it.

He looks confused and asks,

"What do you mean by that?"

"I mean, suck it up. You have to remember to be strong. If not, people take advantage of you. It doesn't matter if you're weak. Just put on an act if you have to. But don't forget who you are."

He smiles and hugs me.

I roll my eyes and hug him back anyway.

"Let's go." I say.

Every just stares at us while we walk inside.

The rest of class was filled with 'I'm sorry' from Starfire and silence from the rest of us.