CH. 4 : "This never happened."

"THAT'S THE SHIT I LIKE!" Marina screams, standing on the bleachers and clapping her hands furiously. I was simply sitting there with much less enthusiasm. 

I don't like sports. In fact, I think I hate them in their entirety, so I don't know why I agreed to go with Marina to the soccer game. Maybe because it's a Friday night, and so far the majority of people I know in Pearwyn are douche bags, and I just wanted to get out of my house because I was pretty sure Sasha and Reid were in the mood. Disgusting.

Now, people at Radley most definitely took their soccer games seriously. The student section of the bleachers were absolutely packed to their brim, and everybody and their brother seemed to take up the rest of the spots.

To my surprise as well, those sorry excuses for boys could actually play soccer pretty well. But then again, what do I know? The only thing I could tell was that Wesley was good at passing the ball to Graham who scored the goals, and everyone else just tried to keep the opponents on Glenndale's team away.

Whatever.

I put my Ray-Bans back on top of my head as the stadium lights turn on. Marina had said we'd get smoothies after, so that was my main motivation for suffering through the freshmen girls behind me giggling about how sexy Graham and the goalie, Seth, were. As if.

"Passpasspass." Marina pleads, gripping onto my shoulder and then jumping up and down when Wesley does as she commanded. "YES!" She cries before turning to me. "Why aren't you excited? We could be going to district finals!"

"...Yay.." I try, shrugging innocently. She only laughs at me before going back to intently watching the field. Then, she grabs my wrist and starts pulling me down the bleachers. Several people say hi to her along the way, and she politely answers them back, but she could care less.

The referee calls a Time Out and I watch as Graham and most of the guys I saw at lunch jog to the bench. Everybody else is busy getting yelled at by the coach.

Graham looks exhausted, so much so that he feels the need to take his shirt off and splash water on himself.

Knights. Of. Columbus. 

"I know, right?" Marina grins, and I quickly shut my jaw only after I realize I left it hanging open. I can't help it. It's the first time I've seen him shirtless and I don't even know what my emotions are doing to me. He's like the perfect mixture of toned but not too buff. Just.. eye candy.

"What?" I start blushing before I can stop myself. Marina only snorts at me, then proceeds to lift herself up so the fence is holding her weight. She wiggles her feet happily, and I see now that she's caught a bunch of the players attention. It's no surprise: she's gorgeous.

"Graham!" She calls out, then jumps back down and rests her arms on the fence. He slings his jersey over his shoulder and heads on over. I have the Canon T3i strap on my arm, so I decide to hide my face by taking pictures of the coach talking to the players. 

Snap. 

"Mar!" I hear him say. I point the camera in the complete opposite direction. 

Snap. 

I can feel him staring at me but there's no way I'm about to remove the camera from my face, because if I saw his abs up close and personal, I'd be a goner. Rule number one: never let the enemy know that he's actually hot.

"Are you going to the party tonight?" She asks. I turn around and start focusing on the student section. 

Snap. Snap. Snap.