Chapter 7

I don't own Naurto or its plot. I own my own characters and Reina's story.  I also don't own the video. Please comment and vote if you like the story.

Pain. That's what I feel as my opponent lands a solid punch to my jaw. I watch saliva mixed with my blood fly past my face. 

Refusing to be an easy target, I side step to my right as the girl I'm fighting, Rikura, aims a punch to my left.  She tsks in annoyance whirls around to face me. "Why don't you stay still and let me punch you?"

I don't answer. There was just too many things wrong with that sentence. I regret not answering with something cool like , "Do I look like a punching bag to you?"  but the moment had passed. Instead, I dodge to my left as she tries to punch me again.  I immediately noticed that her wide swings leave her ribs and stomach  open. I don't take the opportunity. Something was keeping me from harming her. 

My hesitation to attack gives Rikura enough time to land a more feeble punch to my shoulder. Annoyed, I skirt around her and kick at her ankles.  She trips like I knew she would, however, she takes me down with her.  

Taking the time it takes me to get air back into my lungs, Rikura gets back up and rushes at me. I react too slow.  My mind becomes jumbled as I try to think of a way to get out of the way. I kick Rikura hard in the stomach in my panic. I pick myself up and swiftly dodge a punch to my face. 

Either Rikura was becoming predictable or Iruka's sparing matches were effective in my learning. I quickly grab Rikura by her shoulders to keep her still and knee her in the stomach. 

When Rikura's hand begins to glow green, the only thing I can do is watch. I know that she's using chakra. That's fairly obvious. The problem is that I haven't even even begun learning  how to mold chakra yet. Iruka-Sensei had merely given me taught me a lesson about chakra and the way it works.

Pain flares through my stomach as her enhanced punch digs deep into stomach.  I probably could have kept going for a little longer, but Iruka- sensei decided it was a good idea to stop all the matches so the class could move on to chakra exercises. 

Breathing out a deep sigh of relief, I drop to the ground in exhaustion. "Fudge," I whisper to myself.

"What did you say? That you want fudge? I'm sorry sweetie, but you could probably stand to lose more than a few pounds," said an overly sweet high pitched voice. Which was obviously trying to draw attention. I raise my head to glare at Rikura who was causing a scene while Iruka-sensei's back was turned.

"Shut up," I say coldly, trying to keep my composure even though my face was already flooding from anger and embarrassment. " You know it was just a different way to say the f word. But I wouldn't be surprised if you were really that dumb." I guess she was irritating me more than I had thought.

Rikura gives me an icy stare with her cold blue eyes and growls. She raises a hand and takes a step towards me as though she were going to hit me, but she abruptly stops, causing me to raise an eyebrow in a challenging way.

I'm caught off guard when Rikura stops and smiles instead, outstretching her arm as though to give me a hand. Warily, I take hold of her hand but keep my feet planted firmly form my position.  I'm not surprised when she suddenly lets go of my hand.  "Sorry, she says, I guess you were just too heavy to help up." With a flip of her brown hair, Rikura turns walks away, her followers close at her heels.

 I simply frown and pick myself up . It'd be a waste of energy to argue with her. Besides, I didn't come to this academy for friends, nor was I expecting to make any.