Chapter 8

I don't own Naruto or the video or the picture.  PLEASE VOTE OR COMMENT. I'D REALLY LIKE TO KNOW YOUR OPINIONS, IF ANYONE IS ACTUALLY OUT THERE.  You'll know who the picture is of when you read.

"How long have I been out?" I ask.

She doesn't look at me directly, and her hazel eyes flit around the room. They were the exact opposite from father's. His red eyes were always warm and he would always look at me in the eye.

"Three days." The air in the room seems to freeze over with the severity of her words.

***=============***

The atmosphere in the small room can only be described as tense. Anyone else would have already suffocated from the silence. Mother is sitting calmly in a chair a few feet away from my bed, her posture seemingly relaxed.  She's sipping on some sort of herbal tea, I can smell the aroma from my perch on my bed.

 But I wasn't born yesterday, and I notice the way her back is slightly tense, her feet in a position in which she can quickly  get to her feet and pounce, even though the only other person in the room is me. But why is she always so weary around me? I'm her daughter, aren't I?I thought mothers were supposed to love their children unconditionally.

 The only sound in the room comes from our breathing, and the occasional clanking of my mom's tea cup being set down on my bedside table. I'm positive I would be fidgeting in discomfort if it weren't for the fact that I can't feel at all. 

Since waking up, I've been left with this extremely calm sensation. It's as if it's preventing me from reacting like a normal human being. Sure, my mind is racing in a futile attempt to figure out my mom's motive for drugging me, but I can't lash out in anger or cry for feeling betrayed.  

What ever my mom decided to inject me with obviously isn't any normal sedative, and I can't bring my self to trust her any more. She has made me question her love for me over and over again just in the past few weeks. She obviously doesn't believe that I have what it takes to be a strong kunoichi. I'd probably be sad right now, thinking about the little fate my mom has in me, but all I feel is cold apathy.

I force my head to turn so that I can look directly at my mom, but even this small action makes me feel a sudden wave of dizziness. "When can I go back to the academy?" I ask. My words are like a knife slicing through the thick atmosphere. 

She doesn't look at me. Instead, she keeps her suddenly steely gaze locked on her tea cup. "Tomorrow Morning," she says. Her tone was cold enough to make a seasoned ANBU shiver. I simply nod my head in understanding. Just watch, mom. I'll uncover the truth behind all the secrets you've been keeping from me. It's only a matter of time before you screw up, your only human, after all.

***=============***

I wake up at six in the morning and follow my usual routine. In half hour, I'm dressed in a simple black tank top and flexible black sweats. Once again, my short hair is tied together in a rather messy ponytail, and my eyes are slightly lined with eyeliner. I grab my ninja sandals and walk to the kitchen, wanting to eat a quick cereal before heading off to school.

My mom is currently taking getting a seven year old Akari ready for pre-school. A few minutes into my cereal, Akari runs out into the kitchen to greet me. I'd normally smile and give a quick hug as a greeting, but I feel no emotion as she hugs me. I force my lips to tilt upwards and look down at her.